Saturday, March 8, 2008

happy birthday to me:)

I had a family-full weekend. Both sisters arrived with in minutes of one another on Friday afternoon. I greeted them with Sampson in tow. We hugged, kissed, laughed, zoomed off in the prius to my tiny one bedroom where I now live alone!! Organized, settled in, laughed a WHOLE lot more…

After catching up with one another we decided to head to Balboa peninsula for haircuts and grooming ;) Jackie and I ate at Alta, one of my favorite outdoor cafes (see picture below). We discussed the possibility of me moving to San Francisco come June – and the end of my lease – we settled on:

Pros: love the city, close to Jackster, good recovery, family visits, job possibilities, culture, escape from Republican-white man-scary neonatziville.

Cons: missing my friends in Orange County, AA fellowship I’ve built around me, changing too much too soon, Pete….Pete.

I still have time, but I would love your suggestions and thoughts.

ANYWAY,

After the somersaults and cartwheels, Mom and Pops arrived in the OC on Saturday, (Sophie their adorable shitzu in tow); after our family meet and greet, they roared off in their shiny suv to the timeshare they rented on the beach. Very nice.

My mother is so beautiful. Every time I see her I marvel at how stunning she is… I hope I look – act – think like her as I get older…

And Dad, of course, is a big Buddha. He coasts through life thinking deeply and living day to day, moment to moment - with an open mind and a free heart.

My parents are incredible people.

Saturday we dined at the Daily Grill. Mid-way through our appetizers I felt a tap on my shoulder. As it turns out, my sponsor, Donna, was sitting two tables away! She hugged me and kissed me and wished me a happy birthday a hundred times over. I had the good fortune of meeting her eleven year old son:

“Hi, I’m Robin. Your Mom has told me so much about you!”

“Hi. Well I don’t know who you are. I've never heard about you.” He giggles. “Happy Birthday!”

Oh, kids. You got to love them.

My Dad commented on how joyous she is... and I told him that laughter betrays a light heart! I picked her as a guide and mentor for a reason... but more on her later.

I’m off to see what happens next. Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

 
Hit CountersHit Counters