Friday, April 11, 2008

11th kindness: help from Jung & helping the young

balboa boardwalk.

some history 

We all have stories – we all have plots. I’m going to call your life your plot, and my life my plot. This is a change from my Wavy Gravy days – remember, friend? – when I called my reality my “movie” and your reality, your “movie”. **

** NOTE: This was also the time I lived on the beach with out air conditioning in the dead middle of Florida summer. Upwards of 100 degrees. I spent my days painting on walls and my nights skinny dipping in neighbor’s pools… need I say more? 

Carl Jung called the roles we play in our specific plots our “archetypes”. Father, mother, child, lover, sister, creator, warrior, caregiver, blogger, dog lover – whatever.

There are as many archetypes as there are “typical situations in life”. But we tend to use a select few – our “dominant archetypes”. Sometimes we screw up – we use the wrong archetypes in the wrong situations. Like trying to fit a round peg in a square hole, it just doesn’t fit. Jung said, "there is no lunacy people under the domination of an archetype will not fall a prey to" (Jung, 1959). Powerful stuff, huh? That Jung. Jokester. 

A woman I admire very much suggested I take this test, and I’m going to… but first I wanted to present a little background!

I know at least one of you – ahem, Cassandra – will want to take this with me.

good deed today: introducing myself to a newcomer (she is 15) and giving her my unlisted phone number. i just hope i can be an example - not a cautionary tale. 6. 

have a wonderful weekend, everyone! and thank you so much for your smart, thoughtful comments. they really make my day. even your's, my omy friend. 

2 comments:

Mama Dukes said...

you are inspiring me to think outside my kindness box

found a site to have email relationship with aged out foster kids--gonna sign up

Jen said...

Did you take this picture Robs??? Good grief- it's beautiful. love you - momseroozie

 
Hit CountersHit Counters