Friday, April 4, 2008

3rd kindness: garbage woman walking

This afternoon Sir Sampson and I took a leisurely stroll. What better time to practice good deeding than this? I grabbed a Publix bag (ok, Ralphs) and picked up litter as Sam trotted beside me. At one point he snatched the makeshift garbage and tore off running – I sprinted behind him yelling, “Sampson, come on! That’s my good deed! Sampson!” An old man walking towards me shook his head, grumbled a few shucks and damnations, and changed direction. 



My rating: normally a 4, but old man’s shaming and Sampson’s obvious need for another training class boost me to a 5. 

Happy Friday! 


10 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
OmarSal said...

that's beautiful and extreamely funny. You and Sir sampson are deliverers of smiles. I miss you.

I wish this blog site permitted file uploads. I have a photograph of you watching TV with Sir Sampson on your lap. Your focussed on the television (I think you were enthralled by the cinamagraphic adventure of "Good Luck Chuck); however, you are also brushing Sampson. Your not really paying attention to how your brushing him. Up and down, side to side, over his eyeballs, and across his nose you brush. Sampson has a look of "that's nice, thank you, but please mind the eyeballs and the nose."

It's beautiful because I don't think you are even aware that your brushing him. You do it instinctivelly, which makes it so funny and also shows how much you love Sir Sampson.



I laugh whenever I see the photograph. In fact, I use to have it as my phone wall paper but had to change it because I would always smile whenever I saw it, as I would remember the scene described above. I once switched on my phone during a mediation in order to send Rich a text regarding a question on the plaintiff's case against our client (you know who, cannot say though), and that picture popped up and I chuckled-- in the middle of the attorney for the plaintiff's opening statement. He stops and stares at me in anger, as if I was mocking him. True story!!! Hugo asked me later what the hell was a matter with me.

OmarSal said...

sorry for the gramatical mistakes. I'm writing these entries on my phone as I await the commencement of this "tropies" event I find myself at this Saturday morning.

Mama Dukes said...

I like the way you write. Love your project idea. Admire you taking the action...;) despite the results

Jen said...

Hey- good job for you and Sam! I LOVE this project!! love mum

Anonymous said...

That must have been a pretty funny sight! :)

wackyjackie said...

Happy Birthday to Sampson =) !

wackyjackie said...

also- this photograph is beautiful. You are turning into quite an excellent photographer !

wackyjackie said...

Dad would be so proud Rob

Anonymous said...

Awww...that is a good deed indeed! But it seemed as if Sampson had other plans. Everything is a game to pups.

 
Hit CountersHit Counters