Sunday, April 6, 2008

5th kindness: carnations = filler flowers = best effort

Today I couldn’t think of a kindness. Code for: I was lost in my own BS.

I spent the day with a dear friend of mine, sharing with her my heart and my head. But despite her generous support, I couldn't shake the feeling - just one of those sundays.

Good ideas to ponder when we head into this new week! Enjoy the last of your weekend hours, everyone.



I did, finally, figure out a good deed.

A scrooge lives across from me - I despise this platinum blonde, silicon boobed, scratchy voiced woman. For good reason! When Sampson was just a puppy (aw, tear) we left him in his cage - no, sorry, his "house"- for five hours. We were at a baseball game, what could we do? I guess he was barking the entire time, because we came home to a note on the door:

PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOUR DOG. HE HAS BEEN BARKING THE ENTIRE DAY. OTHERWISE I WILL HAVE TO REPORT YOU TO ANIMAL SERVICES.

My blood boils when I type this. I was so ashamed! ASSHOLE. Breathe, Robin, breathe.

So today I bought a bought a bouquet of flowers and left them at her door, attaching this note:

before you start thinking, "that robin, what a saint!" I must inform you that I gifted her with pink carnations. I TRIED not to pitch a little spite in there... but alas, I am who I am.

I give myself a 6.


12 comments:

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Pink carnations are said to be a sign of gratitude.......I bet she appreciated them, if only you could have seen the big smile on her botox laden face. haha just kidding about the botox......but if she's got everything else?!?!

I think that was a great random act of kindness.

Dolce said...

I'd say that's at least an 8. Way to rise above!

Ginnie said...

Hang in there, Robin. I have the same days and a meeting will ALWAYS make me feel better. I tell the girls that I sponsor to be sure to open their minds very wide and the answers will come in a meeting.

Jess said...

I think you deserve more than a six for forcing yourself to do something kind not for someone random or someone you like but for someone you actively dislike. I'm impressed.

wackyjackie said...

That is a great picture Robin, there is so much to look, yet the sunglasses sort of frame the mirror. I agree with your friends, I think that this good deed at lease deserves a 7 !
I love and miss you,
Call me when you have time.
Jack

Jen said...

Good job! I find it so hard to be nice to people I dislike although I tend to avoid them instead of acting outwardly hostel. However, I am going to try to make this one of my kindnesses this month and have someone in mind (ouch this may hurt)
love you- mummmmm

Sizzle said...

That's such a great thing to do. Random act of kindness- particularly towards someone who made your blood boil. This makes me think...what could/should I do? Hmmm....

Anonymous said...

You are better than I. You need to give yourself a higher rating for that one. I'd be curious is she thanks you.

robin ann mcintosh said...

me too - i doubt she will though, i bet i'll see those flowers in the trash come mid-week.

thanks for the support everyone!! this blogging thing is so fun!!

Mama Dukes said...

loved your kind description of her. Give you a ten for your action. Its great to do contrary actions--I do it here and it works over there...
All these gorgeous YOUNG women commenting here. I uzdtab young too

Unknown said...

Great act of Kindness. Countering her act of anger and with one of kindness. Really deserves at least a 9. By the way, the blog is great.

Robin said...

You never know, you might have really made her day with those flowers. Sometimes the nicest gift is the one least expected.

ps - carnations are allegedly "in" this year, you trendy thing you.

 
Hit CountersHit Counters