Monday, May 19, 2008

I love: Donna and Nanette.





16 comments:

Scott W said...

They sound like two great women!

Britt said...

how lucky you are to have people who inspire and guide you as a part of your life! Strong women are always good people to have around :)

OmarSal said...

Excited to see you this weekend. We have to go over
marketing strategies for juicy T's and hard D's!

Lydia said...

Perhaps it's this area where I live but I never did find a bona fide sponsor. My older brother who preceded me in sobriety by years and years - and for whom AA is the biggest part of his life -- has been my default sponsor. One of the reasons he's been so effective for me is that we are half-siblings and weren't raised around one another. I didn't meet him until I was 21 and he was 31. Having to make a concerted effort to catch up on one another's lives long distance (and a few visits through the years) has made us close and committed. But there will always be a certain formality between us - and that combination has made him a superior mentor for me.

Patricia Marie said...

I made my website private. Send me your email address so I can send you an invite. pzysk14@verizon.net

Patricia Marie said...

I made my website private. Send me your email address so I can send you an invite. pzysk14@verizon.net

Dolce said...

Seems like you found yourself two wonderful friends.

Anonymous said...

It was probably best that your first sponsor was so by the book. Gave you a good foundation to sobriety. But then she was right, after you got your foundation, it was time to have a different perspective. Sounds like a good woman and friend.

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Your blog is really lovely and moving. I hopped over here from A Bird in the Hand (she tagged me, too). Thanks! -Julia

please sir said...

Lovely dedication to them - and I love that last photo.

robin ann mcintosh said...

thanks, everyone. it's funny, I reread this post and I realized that they sound so different from the way they look -

nanette is in her early twenties and is covered in awesome tattoos, she's from east la -

and donna is an orange county, high society woman - always looks clean, polished, and put together -

you would never think, would you?

and lydia - what a blessing that is, to share your program with your half brother. i think that's such a gift!

robin ann mcintosh said...

thanks, everyone. it's funny, I reread this post and I realized that they sound so different from the way they look -

nanette is in her early twenties and is covered in awesome tattoos, she's from east la -

and donna is an orange county, high society woman - always looks clean, polished, and put together -

you would never think, would you?

and lydia - what a blessing that is, to share your program with your half brother. i think that's such a gift!

Mrs.French said...

I don't need a sponsor, but would welcome women such as this into my life at anytime.

oh and sweet girl when are you starting your first book? Your words give me chills!

robin ann mcintosh said...

Mrs. French, that's one of the best compliments I've ever gotten. You are the best Mrs. French I know.

Robin said...

I'm not in the program and so don't have a sponsor but can't help but think it is like having a mentor, all the time. I would like that.

I second the book motion. All in favor say "Aye"

wackyjackie said...

This is lovely Robin, i like how you can always find these unique qualities in different people. Beautiful, beautiful pictures. You are an awesome photographer. See you in about a day <3<3<3
can't wait !

 
Hit CountersHit Counters