Of course I will as well, and I am going to politely force my mother to do it with me. She's sitting next to me at the moment. I'll give it a shot for a few days.
She laughed and said, "igualmente." She's currently watching an ultra-cheezy Spanish soap opera on the television. Through great struggle and meditation, I have managed to block out the noise it emits from the television.
This may be your coolest idea yet Little Bird but I would never believe that you have reached your peak. You keep coming up with one more to top all the others. But I think you would have a hard time topping this one. I cannot believe that this book has sold over one million copies and is printed in 20 languages.Her formula must be really working. Thanks you for the tip Little Bird I bought a copy at Borders a couple of days ago and was reading just before I made this post. I dutifully wrote my "morning pages" this a.m.
I haven't heard of this book, in spite of its obvious fame. I have in front of me one I bought at Border's a few months ago and have yet to crack open: The Zen of Creativity, Cultivating Your Artistic Life. So, it seems I'm ready but lazy to try something like this. What are "morning pages"? I could count our trip to Portland's 23rd Street neighborhood today as my artistic date for the week...
Lydia the morning pages are probably the most important exercise. Each morning u are supposed to write 3 pages free hand (I type on the computer about a page or page and a half). You just write down your thoughts even if they make no sense. It flushes out all your worries and pain so that your brain is cleaned out so it doesn't interfere with the creative flow from the creative force in the universe.
I'm excited to see your creative journey. I tried this book, but then life got busy and I gave up. Maybe I will start back up and travel along with you? I think my problem was not having others around to talk about it and get motivated. The morning pages did help, and even the artist dates were fun!
11 comments:
Of course I will as well, and I am going to politely force my mother to do it with me. She's sitting next to me at the moment. I'll give it a shot for a few days.
Yeah!! Hola Mama Salazar, tell her I can't wait to see her again : ) I'm glad you are feeling better, Oms.
She laughed and said, "igualmente." She's currently watching an ultra-cheezy Spanish soap opera on the television. Through great struggle and meditation, I have managed to block out the noise it emits from the television.
of course i will do this with you.
i'm going to make a list of 10 reasons why sf is amazing for my next post. I finally updated! please read =)
I have never heard of this book, but it sounds interesting and I would like to have a go alongside you
:)
Pages are happening tomorrow Robs- good plan! love you and can't wait for your visit- l. moobear
This may be your coolest idea yet Little Bird but I would never believe that you have reached your peak. You keep coming up with one more to top all the others. But I think you would have a hard time topping this one. I cannot believe that this book has sold over one million copies and is printed in 20 languages.Her formula must be really working. Thanks you for the tip Little Bird I bought a copy at Borders a couple of days ago and was reading just before I made this post. I dutifully wrote my "morning pages" this a.m.
I haven't heard of this book, in spite of its obvious fame. I have in front of me one I bought at Border's a few months ago and have yet to crack open: The Zen of Creativity, Cultivating Your Artistic Life.
So, it seems I'm ready but lazy to try something like this. What are "morning pages"? I could count our trip to Portland's 23rd Street neighborhood today as my artistic date for the week...
It's comforting to know that you are not alone in your struggle eh?
This sounds like a book I would like to read.
Lydia the morning pages are probably the most important exercise. Each morning u are supposed to write 3 pages free hand (I type on the computer about a page or page and a half). You just write down your thoughts even if they make no sense. It flushes out all your worries and pain so that your brain is cleaned out so it doesn't interfere with the creative flow from the creative force in the universe.
I'm excited to see your creative journey. I tried this book, but then life got busy and I gave up. Maybe I will start back up and travel along with you? I think my problem was not having others around to talk about it and get motivated. The morning pages did help, and even the artist dates were fun!
Post a Comment