Monday, June 2, 2008

a new day for new things


June will be my month to try new things... today's event: I have never before broken my tooth, my phone, and my heart (all by myself) in the span of 24 hours. Tomorrow's event will be premeditated, but for today? I think I'm done.

* Technically the phone is not reparable. I'm calling in my 3rd warranty.

resolved

i refuse to die
i choose to defy
prognosis (poor)
i will see
daughters
graduate
marry
grandchildren
i refuse to die
i choose to defy
prognosis (guarded)
i must
love
help
work
dream
eat chocolate every day
i refuse to die
i choose to survive
prognosis (good)

does anyone know the author of this poem?

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little Bird the tooth and the phone are nothing but your heart! What happened???? Many times I have seen hearts that thought they were broken be repaired by the same person!!! "I know things" and I know its going to be OK!!!!

Lydia said...

Yes, what's this about your heart? May it be a temporary wound . . .

Never read that poem before, but I immediately thought about Ted Kennedy having brain surgery today against all odds. That's the spirit.

Kim said...

Ok when we said try new things, we didn't mean to self destruct. :-)

Breaking your heart by yourself, you weren't kidding when you said you were totally with me. We will mend them. :-)

Love that picture by the way.

Britt said...

What happened to your tooth?! (woah. excited about that. Sorry, it's my dental hygienist showing). Also, your heart. :( *HUG* hope you get put back together soon (I may have just started singing humpty dumpty in my head. But we're gonna put you all the way back together. Bloggers are much better than all the kings men. wow. I need more sleep.)

please sir said...

Yay to new things! Love the photo too. Let us know how it goes and good luck!

wackyjackie said...

I love it, (the poem and the theme)

You didn't try to break all of those i am guessing. Why your heart Robin? Give me a call.
Love you

Anonymous said...

good new thing! whats going on?

. . . said...

tooth, phone, heart. that's a full day. and by this time it is already tomorrow. which is today. a new day for new things. i couldn't have said it better yourself. ;)

robin ann mcintosh said...

you all are the best blogging family a girl could ask for...

... Britt, Miss Tooth Fairy, I bit into a piece of bread and my front veneer broke in HALF - I spend 4 hours in a dentist's chair. ARG! Do you like going to the dentist?

Big Bird, I will tell you the details at lunch today.

Lydia, Kim: broke my heart today, realized all that I have lost in the past 6 months, realized I couldn't expect mutual affection anymore. It was a realization that was the equivalent to taking a bullet. I will write about it next post, but I'm off to read your blogs for inspiration <3

Sisters - Cass, call me, and Jack, I will call you.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Let's hope the premeditated stuff is going to be easier on the heart, body, and mind.....mkay!


This is what I hoped you would pick for your new project :)

Katelin said...

love the idea of new things, can't wait to see what you try :)

robin ann mcintosh said...

: ) It will be, I promise!

OmarSal said...

I was there, and it was very scary watching that little girl beat the living shit out of the air.

Dolce said...

What is this picture of? I love it!

robin ann mcintosh said...

We were on the beach, watching a little girl play karate with the waves. She was precious. But when she saw I was trying to take a picture, she ran up to me and nearly chopped my nose off.

Mrs.French said...

An eventful Monday...I am hoping you are breaking nothing today.

Jen said...

Your heart??? Not fair- I'm calling you now. love m

Rosemary/sonrie said...

No, but I have to eat chocolate every day too.

Rosemary/sonrie said...

ps - thanks for the spot on your blogroll...totally made my day :)

Robin said...

Robin, I know that heartbreak, and how painful it can be but you are strong and will get through this. Think of it as the first real step to truly starting over.

Lani said...

Robin, is that a picture of you when you were little? So precious!

Lani said...

Nevermind, I just read above.

"I was there, and it was very scary watching that little girl beat the living shit out of the air."

...made me crack up! Too funny.

 
Hit CountersHit Counters