Barry scribbled this, after Omar, him and I went to lunch yesterday.
My body is aging but my heart lies helplessly in an eternal time warp.
When I close my eyes I see Walt Disney’s Tinker Bell, flying across the
ebony black night sky.
Her sparkling wand spews brilliant stars in every direction.
I am young forever, it’s magic!
My body is aging but my heart swims in the warm Gulf Stream.
It lives on an island in the Gulf with a beautiful young girl.
At night sweet trade winds blow from the south, the moon is always full and star dust falls from the night sky.
Clear azure blue waters lap gently on the shore as we walk hand and
hand on moon lit nights.
Soft romantic music floats gently on the moist night air from the patio
of a restaurant on the beach.
Later, her hair falls and I feel her body rise to meet mine!
Impossible you say?
I think not!
For deep in my heart it knows a place like this outside of time.
A place where I no longer love, for I am one with who I love.
Where love is a thousand lovely dawnings’ and never dies.
Where the waters of the Gulf are always warm and the trade winds always sweet!
Barry W.
10 comments:
What a lovely and affirming poem. Barry has a way with words.
Barry Says... Robin thats for the complimenmt I will pay you the $5 i promised later.
Barry also says I bet I know where you shot the above pics! And in my former post I meant "thanks"
haha, you owe me!
robin - I agree : )
Wonderful poem, pictures, too. Barry is a gift in your life, most definitely. His poem reminded me of an old song written/sung by Joan Baez called "Gulf Winds." I just looked at the lyrics but way too long to post here! The new profile pic is adorable.
-Lydia
aw, thanks Lydia, you always make my day : )
Barry's poem should be set to music. What a great presence in your life Robs! love m
Lovely words and photos...great inspiration for today.
What an inspiration! You are a smart girl to surround yourself with such positive, inspiring, people.
It is clear, I need more artistic friends!
Post a Comment