Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth - Evan's suggestion.

Jackie and I.

Evan originally got me this book... I take what I like and leave the rest.

When you recognize the unconsciousness in you, that which makes the recognition possible is the arising consciousness, is awakening. You cannot fight against the ego and win, just as you cannot fight against darkness. The light of consciousness is all that is necessary. You are that light (8).

They realize that how “spiritual” you are has nothing to do with what you believe but everything to do with your state of consciousness. This, in turn, determines how you act in the world and interact with others (18, 19).

Tomorrow Jackie, Dad and I begin our road trip back to Orange County... I plan to milk every moment! This is the last event of my last summer. I'll report more from the road : )

12 comments:

Britt said...

drive safely!

Sian said...

That book sounds interesting. And I love the new design - elegant and feminine.
Travel safe my dear :o)

Anonymous said...

Very true.

Be safe! And enjoy! :-)

Anonymous said...

I still have yet to get this book-- thanks for the prod! And have a great road trip-- sounds fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow, have a great trip :)

Anonymous said...

love that pic! have fun on your trip. but what did you mean by "my last summer"? that sounds ominous.

oh--and i like the new design too--bright and clean.

Katelin said...

what a cute pic, have a great rest of the trip.

molly said...

i enjoy eckhart's teachings very much. there are webcasts recorded for each chapter on okra, i mean OPRAH :) hehee

Mrs.French said...

I am dying to read this...now let's talk about this photo..adorably hilarious! have a fantastic trip and be safe!

please sir said...

Have a great trip! Nope, don't live in CA - maybe one day!

Jen said...

Just a question about the photo: Are you ripping Jack's head off or kindly putting it back in place?

luv U- M

kate said...

Oh yes I love this book! I am actually half way through reading it at the moment, its such an eye opener. It just common sense, everything I knew but didnt know I knew. I love it!
And love the new look!

 
Hit CountersHit Counters