Wednesday, July 2, 2008

a hike and franz wright.


Admission
by Franz Wright


Like much-loved music things
(when I am at my gladdest)
physical objects themselves
appear to represent
something I can't see
(not yet)—
something
I cannot recall or imagine
yet whose presence I clearly perceive
the way perhaps the born blind do
the sun.
Like words
most masterfully uttered
these concrete things stand for
invisible things, while
remaining themselves,
their dear selves, without which
I just can't imagine my life;
I believe in a higher unseeable
life, inconceivable
light
of which light is mere shadow, and yet
already, at times, and with desolation
with bereftness no words can express, miss this light
of the earth, this bright life
I yesterday only began to love, to understand.

5 comments:

Lydia said...

Looooove this poem and the dear sweet picture. Your posts on this trip have been so enjoyable.

barry said...

Just awakened after 4 hours sleep. Need some entertainment before I try again. How about deciding which of the McIntosh women is the best looking.

After long and serious consideration it has to go to Jen. If you go to A View From My Window, Jen's blog, there is a picture of her and Bob in Italy. WOW, how georgeous! What a knock-out! While all of her daughters are eye candy she is the 5# See's Box!

If I am found dead you all know the three suspects.Call the cops.

Unknown said...

Thanks Little Bird~

Luv Luv,
G~

Katelin said...

love this.

you always post the best poems.

. . . said...

ditto. what katelin said. today this is perfect, for me to read this.

farewell, dear Robin. i'll miss knowing you are just a slide down the oceanside, but look forward to keeping up with you through your postings.

xoxo

 
Hit CountersHit Counters