Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Kon ta bai? Mi ta bon.

Sky(Water?) Line
at Hook's Hut
Willemstad Colors

in honor of the Jackster, so far away : (
WINNING in paradise : )

Willemstad is the one and only city on the island of Curacao. We went there today, thinking we were headed to the infamous “CENTRUM” market. We can’t find it ANYwhere, and I want to go!! ARG!

On the way to Willemstad we got lost and loved it. We stopped at an out of the way restaurant called “Hooks Hut,” loved by locals and tourists alike (as our slightly rude waitress told us).

Afterwards we headed to the capital city in our stick shift vehicle. I can’t drive stick, so Omar has to… I like to snap photos out the window though : )

The best way I can describe Willemstad is a tropical Amsterdam with out rain and sexed up window ladies. The colonial buildings are extraordinarily preserved, and are washed with vibrant blues, greens, pinks and yellow. The people are nice, everyone sounds like they are singing… shopping was like taking a time machine back to the 80’s.

Tonight we are making shish kabobs and Omar doesn’t know it, but I bought some marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers – S’MORE time!! Yet another childhood treat.

I have been writing every day, and feeling more clear than ever. I think I am finally letting go of the past, my recent break up especially, and embracing the present.

more later, now it's chow time <3

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Sometimes it just takes a little change of scenery to get your juices flowing. Good for you!

Dolce said...

I love these pics! I really wish I was on vacation, but I feel like I'm on a mini break when I see your pics.

Lani said...

Again, love these pics. You look like a movie star =)

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

How could you not is a place as lovely as that!

Thanks for sharing the photos, hope you find your market :)

Jessie Cacciola said...

fun, fun -- thanks for sharing. xo

Jen said...

Clear cool colors- especially the top photo. We got back out west last night and are just about to take Sam and Soph on a long hike. I'll start blogging again ASAP (p.s. -it's going to be so hard saying good bye to Samson- he has an AMAZING personality!!)

Katelin said...

seriously, love the pictures. so much.

Britt said...

I haven't had a smore in 90 bajillion years. I think i need to fix that. The first picture reminds me of pictures I've seen of Newfoundland...I love all the colours!

Glad you're having such a great time!

Anonymous said...

LB- How does it feel to be living on a moonlit cove, with a velvet sky, coconut stars and warm trade winds? I can't even imagine. Jealous isn't the word!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are having a lovely time. Perhaps the change of location is exactly what you needed(and I'm totally jealous of your trip, by the way).

Unknown said...

love to you, dear-heart! sounds like your trip is a dream. hope it continues to make you feel like a million bucks!
*

Robin said...

I SO need a vacation, I am living vicariously through you (and remembering my rip to Aruba when I was 17, a million years ago). Bon bini!

wackyjackie said...

yayyyyy thank you for the dedication !!!! i loooove the pics. They are so beautiful. Did the waitress hate tourists? I remember one time we got attacked in Argentina by all these Spanish men. Luckily my spanish was rough but I remember them yelling at us to return to our own country.... I am really happy for you with this last line. <3<3<3

Fifi Flowers said...

Wow... it's almost like being on vacation... great photos... love the colourful sky line!

 
Hit CountersHit Counters