Wednesday, July 9, 2008

zzzz


AM flight tomorrow morning

22 comments:

Sizzle said...

Hold up- a double sided dildo!? He hit a girl in the head with a double sided dildo and told you about it on a date.

I assume context is everything to that story. . .

;-)

"Receive the criticism all the way through and get it over with."

I seriously need to do THAT on a daily basis.

Britt said...

What would possess someone to discuss smacking someone with a double sided dildo? Seriously? How is that appropriate first date (or ever?!) conversation? Glad you survived!

I hate criticism. I don't cope well. Who does I suppose.

Rosemary/sonrie said...

oh first dates...the trials to find the 'one.'

p.s. - did he pick up the check?

Anonymous said...

I do like hearing about the Artist's Way it makes me wish that I did stuff. If a boy told me that story on a first date, I would get up & leave & he'd have no choice but to pick up the check.

Anonymous said...

Hi LB! You luv me or am i still in trouble (AGAIN)? Just caught up on your last few blogs, I have been way to busy! Hey Omar I can picture u with a beer laying on the beach but you or little bird going 30mph on a wind surfer or even standing up on one, no way. And diving! You would have to leave Robs on the nude beach to do that Oms.
Now as to this double sided dildo, todays hit topic, I cannot believe that the innocent virginal ladies who frequent this blog would know what a double sided dildo is used for. But since you all seem to have expertise you of course understand its length. He must have really swung at her. And girls, if he was carrying one of those he was probably impotent and needed help!

Anonymous said...

You had an odd date! lol

please sir said...

Glad to hear you are keeping up with the Artist's Way! I hope it guides you in a creative direction.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy hearing about the Artist's Way and I do think that the suggestions for dealing with criticism are spot on. I have a hard time handling criticism (take it too personally) but I'm learning new ways to transform it positively in my work. Good luck!

Unknown said...

safe travels, dear-heart!

your date story cracked me up! hilarious.

these tips from TAW seem especially poignant right now. i'm currently serving as my own worst critic and needed to revisit the "stepping stones" concept.

xoxo

Jess said...

It might sound cheesy, but it's very timely for me, and seems extremely relevant. Thanks for posting it.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I could use some cheese in my life.....right now I'm not supposed to be eating any dairy......I LOVE cheese.....okay, sorry....totally non related!

I tend to immediately get hurt when someone criticizes me, to begin with, I'm way to hard on myself sometimes. After the storm hits, I go back to all of the beautiful and wonderful things that people have said about me and my work......after which the nastiness doesn't phase me! I'm like rubber....haha

A phrase that I don't like:
"So it goes."
Cody used to say it all the time, and it bothered me that he would kind of roll over and take whatever it was he referred to with that saying.....I have since disbanded that phrase and he no longer has that messed up mentality!

I realize I am not explaining myself very well right now, but my brain is toast.......

Lani said...

I was in a bad mood and then I read this...

"It’s comparable to being on a first date with a boy you really like, and he tells you about smacking some girl in the head with a double sided d+ldo… you want to say UM, BYE but you also want him to pick up the check."

Now I am laughing my ass off. Thanks for cheering me up!

Dolce said...

I would benefit from this I just don't have any patience.

Lydia said...

Some of it has been cheesier than other parts. Where I can see why Barry was holding his nose while fulfilling his promise to you to get through the book, I've been grateful for your condensed tidbits and have gained from it because they've made me think about this. In other words, I probably wouldn't read the book but I'm very glad you are and are providing these synopses. I have a feeling that your condensation is the better part of the book, anyway. Speaking of book, your date story must go in a novel someday. What a jerk!

Anonymous said...

R (like and very affectionate B) ur txt message saved my sanity!Thank u 1000 times. Lydia- I am using the morning papers as a brain flush as often as possible it REALLY WORKS so u can get down to whatever is really available from the Spirit like creativity. And would you believe I am also reading the book (abet slowly)as a million people didn't buy it for the hell of it. I am attacted to how she hooks into the Spirit for her creativity. I never knew that was possible and I know alot about the Spirit -I have had the Presence for alot of years since a 2 month spiritual experience.

Anonymous said...

R- One more thought. I sent u some txt messages that u will love, to the effect that all is very, very,very well re the things we were discussing re e-mails. I don't know if those txts will come thru so consider this the one and only e-mail you have every received on that matter. Erase them all!!!!Let me know if u get the txts. Now u have very good reason to have the best time of ur life! I recommend the naked beach! B.

wackyjackie said...

i miss you, and i have officially fallen in love with Sampson ! he is the biggest sweetheart in the world ! i hope venezuela is amazing.

wackyjackie said...

also- do you have sex and the city disc 1, black diamond video peeps are a little frustrated with Maxman and i..

Anonymous said...

R_ one more thing. After your last two line txt today I had the piece of mind, for the first time in days, to start the next chapter. I am researching the hell out of the area before I begin. I found out its a long way north to Cairo from Sohag where the jar would have been was first sold (about 200 mi).Would u like a nice e-mail now?

Lydia said...

Robin,
I bet you miss Sampson! But it sounds as if he's in loving hands.

Barry, now you go and tell me that the book's ideas work and the book is good, but I have three books from Border's that are waiting on my desk, a memoir to read that a blogging friend wrote, and a manuscript of a children's book written by one of my friends from high school - all ahead of any others. I need a two-week reading vacation. :)

Ginnie said...

Those are all good suggestions. It works for "writer's block" too.

robin ann mcintosh said...

Sizzle - no context for that story, he was a bonafide WEIRDO.... next blog entry I will explain my adventures in dating.

Sonrie- we split the check. Enough said.

Kelly C- I find that I am my own worst critic too - but when people like you, who I find SO inspiring and shockingly talented, say the same... well, it makes me reconsider.

Wayfaring - I understand your toast brain : ) so it goes, eh?

B - <3 i will call you soon. Also, you should make a personal blog!

Lydia - thanks for the comments, and keeping the B entertained while I tan myself on an alleged "nude beach" : )

I miss reading ALL of your blogs, I can't wait to get steady internet access so I can catch up!! Bon binini from Curacao!!

 
Hit CountersHit Counters