
round two... soon. very soon.
One, a potential employer, I am hesitant to write truthfully about my life. I sit down to write and a biting self consciousness seeps into my words... I write whatever I want to say, but when it comes time to cross that finish line - well, I can't bear to press "PUBLISH POST" for fear it will crop up in a future interview.... !!!! HELP!
... and two, I've had some stalker issues. Restraining order might be on the horizon...
... however, I refuse to be ruled by some fear or some concern or some worry.
in short, I apologize for my absence.
I am soliciting your advice-
how do you manage to tread that line between privacy and publication? How do you know if you are being "real" and "honest," or merely arrogant and exhibitionist?
other news:
- I GOT A JOB!
- Omar is here, in town, raising hell.
- Move into the new apartment tomorrow.
- Sir Sampson is hanging out with his dad this weekend, enjoying a few nights with the boys.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
14 comments:
Little Bird,
Congratulations, congratulations on the job that sounds like a marvelous one in so many ways! I am thrilled for you. Happy moving day; glad Omar's in town; hope Sampson likes the new digs (maybe the wrong word to use in ref. to a dog).
The privacy thing for me is easier because I opted to use my middle name from the get-go. You don't have that option unless you kill your blog and start another one, and that would be devastating for us! Another idea is to create a "protected" section in your blog that only readers with passwords can enter. The blogger at this link does a nice job managing both options at her blog,
http://www.looktouch.com/personal/
blog.html
Finally, I've been worried about danger around you. Something felt wrong...
Having had a stalker in my past I know the concerns, as well as the inner strength it summons. Mine was a guy at work which was very complicated. I took it to the top level, was deliberate in my approach. He wound up serving a prison term for another offense after being fired. Ick; over a decade has passed and it still unnerves me.
You be so very careful, and I'll say a prayer.
Congratz on the job and apartment! I'm excited for you!
Like lydia said you could password protect the blog. :-)
congrats on a new job babe.
Be careful with stalkers!!! Get a passsword> Why does yr employer have address? much luck to you.
It's reassuring to know that others have dealt with stalker issues. They can be dangerous because there is no such thing as an emotionally stable stalker.
By the way, I believe you've already posted a picture about the mini golf game--the one where you beat me!!!! When a horse has died, no need to continue beating it....haha.
COngrats on the job!
I was getting worried about you! It's unusual not to hear from you for so long! Sometimes I feel I can't post what I want to on my blog about my relationship or relationships with friends because my boyfriend reads and my best friend does occasionally and I don't want to hurt them either. So I dunno what to do about it. Password protected sounds like a viable option.
As for the stalker. Be careful please! Lock your door! Ask for help. Let Sampson be your guard dog!
I'm glad you're ok my dear! And I'm thrilled about your new job and apartment! Congraulations :) Happy moving :)
fabulous news!! oh, that makes me truly happy! xoxo
on the privacy issue: I definitely battle with this. and maybe sometimes, it is a 'version' of the truth. but, last year i had this amazing assignment from one of my professors -- 20 blank pages, with 20 different prompts for open, honest, free-writing, never to be published. SO liberating. from then on, you could say i flushed everything out, so i could see what was a common thread and what was interesting, and what i felt i just had to write, even if it wasn't interesting. so the key, i think, is to be personal enough to be relatable, but not so much that it's like a rant or a journal.
hope that helps! much luck! xo
p.s. if i'm going somewhere, i tend to write about specifications after the fact. ;)
Congrats!! Sounds like a very cool job and 10 minutes from the beach is pretty hard to argue with.
Little bird, you have a stalker??? You're kidding ... that's pretty messed up.
As for privacy vs. publication, I've chosen to remain anonymous. That way, I can write whatever I want, whenever I want and don't have to think twice ... not about potential employers studying my profile or stalkers following me home. Oh, and I also like jessie's post script. I tend to do the same.
I think anyone who blogs must have those kind of issues. Basically a blog is not really a diary or even a record of truth, it is an edited version, a highlight or passing thought. It is not who we are, just what we have done, or what we think for that passing moment. But privacy and friends/family can be difficult - my nephews read my blog as do a few folk from my church! Now that's restricting sometimes :D
The pass word option is a clever idea. I have no idea what to say about the stalker - I would have no idea how to handle that...a dobermann maybe?
Congrats on the new job and new apt! I'm not liking this stalker thing so I suggest Jessie's course of action with the password.
As for the potential employer having your URL, I can't think of anything you've written that isn't wonderful and lovely and honest. It's not like your entries trash other people or are vindictive in any way. If you've never written anything that you wouldn't want someone to overhear in a hallway at work, then you have nothing to fear. If there are old posts you question you could always hide or delete them...
Congrats on the job! I am looking forward to joining the ranks of new-jobsters sometime soon. You know - like when I get one.
Boo on stalkers! If you password-protect, don't forget me :o) Send email!
I am late to the congrats but still, congratulations on your new apartment and job. That's fantastic.
Stalkers and privacy- problematic issues. It's a very fine line between sharing and oversharing. I've learned that one the hard way.
ey congratulations on the new job! it sounds wonderful! :-)
Post a Comment