Friday, September 19, 2008

memememe.

me in the tub, quirky-unspectacular-ridiculous.


Amy from Rich Interior World (a blog I absolutely LOVE, she is such a profound and beautiful writer!!), has tagged me in a "Quirky Game."

In lieu of Friday link-love, I decided to exercise some self-love and concentrate this post on moi.

The Rules Are:

1. Link to the person who tagged you (did that above)
2. Post the rules on your blog (doing that here)
3. Write 6 random things/unspectacular quirks about yourself
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them
5. Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is posted.

6 random things/unspectacular quirks about myself:

1- I pride myself on my smooth, soft skin… conditioned by creams, lotions, and sprays aplenty. The soles of my feet, however, are atypically rugged.

Most of my friends and all of my boyfriends comment on my “Indian” feet. I owe my ironbound footsies to years of Florida shell rock, coarse Canadian beaches, California casual, hiking around Chile in flip-flops… marathon walks, open toed shoes, barefoot nights, swimming, snorkeling, sun tanning, sandals. Oh, and last but not least, the endless search for summer that defines my life. I despise the cold weather and I will avoid it at all costs. Even scabrous hobbit's feet.


2- When I left for college I wanted to rename myself Raven. Looking back I can understand the desire to transform, yet I cannot fathom why I chose a name fit for a porn star!

3- I think I am a Broadway-caliber singer, I sing all the time – almost as often as my friends tell me that I am horrendous.

4- I love LOVE buying a big ole frozen yogurt, topping it with granola, mochi & coconut shavings, sitting in my car (whether or not I have somewhere to go), and turning on the heat full blast.

5- I cheated and asked Omar. He said, “Your appearance and home are in magnificent order, including your desk space and the way you organize. However, your car is a mess, like a bomb exploded.”

6- I sleep with a special rock under my pillow.

I am tagging these special folks (most of them family):

Jackie

Carmeli
Mom
Dana May

Becca
Valentina


10 comments:

OmarSal said...

You could, of course, easily extend this list to 89 quirks!!!!!!!

Sizzle said...

I knew a girl who changed her name to Fawna. We have some silly ideas when we are young, don't we? :-)

Anonymous said...

Oddly enough I also wanted to change my name to Raven around the age of 18-19. I have no idea why either. That sounds like I'm mocking you, but it is in fact true. Luckily, it was just a phase. I'm better now.

Anonymous said...

ewwwww soles of my feet are so rugged too!

Britt said...

My life is organized but my room is a mess. Go figure. I'm forever picking up rocks from places I've been..I should have written on them so I know where they're from, but I have a little display of them..all the bits of my past. :) I'm too much of a flailer to put one under my pillow!

amy turn sharp said...

hot photo babe!

paz said...

i posted on my blog according to your blog rules. i miss you terribly.

Lydia said...

I love that description of you and Sam....so sweet. O, and the latest photo of him on the boat is great.

Anonymous said...

oh, thanks for playing, and for the lovely compliment! i adore that photo, and my feet are pretty rough, too (and i'm totally with you on the hating cold weather thing!).

Anonymous said...

i always read a few books at a time too and my feet are like that as i like walking around barefoot or in flip-flops. i had fun reading about your quirks :-)

 
Hit CountersHit Counters