August said, "Listen to me now, Lily. I'm going to tell you something I want you always to remember, all right?"
Her face had grown serious. Intent. Her eyes did not blink.
"All right," I said, and I felt something electric slide down my spine.
"Our Lady is not some magical being out there somewhere, like a fairy godmother. She's not the statue in the parlor. She's something inside of you. Do you understand what I'm telling you?"
"Our Lady is inside me," I repeated, not sure I did.
"You have to find a mother inside yourself. We all do. Even if we already have a mother, we still have to find this part of ourselves inside."
Just finished this book... engaging story, but predictable, too typical - I felt as though I had read it before... have any of you read it? What did you think?

7 comments:
I've read the book I felt the same way about it.
At first, it was very hard for me to get into the story.....
but once I did, I could barely put it down....
My sister sent it to me as a present. I didn't know what to expect and was moved by it. Mainly because it reminded me of a close friend of mine and helped me understand her myths and truths much better.
I keep meaning to read it. Everyone seems to think everyone else should read it because it's a book to be read. But no one has ever told me anything that compells me to read it. So it's bound to be...
"A classic is a book people praise and don't read." -Mark Twain
I really liked this book. It's actually being made into a movie right now. Dakota Fanning and Jennifer Hudson will be in it.
Why people keep putting Jennifer Hudson in movies is beyond me.
haha, I know, Jennifer Hudson is all over the place!! it's beyond me too!
I am so glad I'm not the only one who thought this book wasn't the best thing ever. I totally agree with the predictable comment. This is the book that made me decide book groups were not for me (I read it for a book group I was very briefly in). I recently read "Atonement," and that affirmed my decision. I don't get the hype.
Post a Comment