Thursday, September 18, 2008

need your help.

For my graphic design course I have to choose an "organization with a cause"... save the environment, save the whales, march of dimes, redcross, etc.

Any suggestions? I was thinking about redesigning the logo for NOW's (National Organization for Women) California chapter...

I would rather cover a smaller, more grassroots organization, but I can't bring any to mind.

I am open to any and all advice! Thanks : )

9 comments:

amy turn sharp said...

project Linus?
amercia reads?

robin ann mcintosh said...

thank you! you are the only one who responded : (

Jen said...

Design a new logo for AA. I checked it out like you suggested and it says nothing with that triangle thing. Then introduce it to them and make your mark. You can and should do it. Go Robs!

love m

Anonymous said...

Kiva is a great organization that helps people get small business loans :)

Robin said...

Rather than redesign a logo for an existing organization, why not help a group that doesn't yet have the funds to have one designed but needs an identity... so it can start raising those funds. Contact your local United Way, arts council or foundation for public giving and ask if they have a charity that is in need of logo help.

Anonymous said...

Geez my reader is so SLOW!

Could always do the local chapter for the MS Foundation or the batter women, Cervial Cancer/Cancer Foundation...

Those are the bigger ones, but they all have branches that are smaller. :-) I started one in high school for the Hospice Home in my town.
<3

Katie said...

Here is one I like: http://www.rosefdn.org/grants/grassroots.html

They provide funding for grassroots organizations in California. The winning organizations from last year supported environmental safety, saving important environmental structures (like sand dunes and watersheds), and the education of children from low-income families on the environment. I think this big organization deserves a logo so that smaller organizations will begin to recognize it more easily. If it's recognized more easily, it might get really popular and more organizations can get funding. What do you think?

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry i don't have a suggestion for you (but i liked robin's idea). instead, i've tagged you for a meme. completely optional, of course!

robin ann mcintosh said...

this is fantastic, thank you all for all of your help... Robin - I will check out small of the local, smaller groups, great idea!! and Katie - I'm going to look at the site right now...

I will let you all know. Thank you so SO much!

 
Hit CountersHit Counters