Tuesday, September 30, 2008

thumbnails


my scanner and I are not friends, therefore I could only deliver 3 of my 100 thumbnails... more later, but for now?

please PLEASE leave any feedback/suggestions/new ideas, etc. that pop into your head! comments are VERY appreciated!


disclaimer: I am definitely not a good artists (drawing wise), so please bear with me...


Inkwell:

writing (ink) fostering fantasy, imagination and play - the limits to what you can write, where you can go, are endless! I can't take credit for the ink bottle, a classmate of mine suggested the idea : )


Che:

a series of "famous" pop icons holding pencils in their mouths... aims to encourage thought and interest on student's part, implying that every major figure or great leader began with writing something down...


Warhol:

part of famous series


more later! happy tuesday, ladies and gents!

6 comments:

Katie said...

I LOVE the famous/pop art idea! It's perfect if you ask me. I saw that picture of Che and I was like "He's thinking of what to write." Maybe some of them could have the pencil behind their ear? Just an idea. Not sure if that would look like their doing something besides writing.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

What about a pencil in the ear instead of in the mouth. That sort of looks odd to me?!?!

Wish we could see more :(

Jen said...

I love the pencil idea- but most of all your idea about pencils in the shape of symbols.

I KNOW there is a way of doing this- possibly in illustrator.

Very proud Mumba

Lydia said...

The pencil idea is instantly memorable. I immediately thought of a READ poster featuring Mikhail Baryshnikov that was at our library. So I went to Ilovelibraries.org and found that it was from 1985, the first year of the READ posters... That's what I mean by memorable! Putting it in his ear like he's thinking but ready to write, yes, that sounds good to me.

Kim said...

I LOVE the inkwell and the little pictures are great. The pencil idea is thought provoking, and that's always a good thing in art.

Looking forward to the rest :)

Kim x

Rosemary/sonrie said...

I like the Inkwell one with maybe some more color added (marker, paint) or with some collage elements also. Great style!

 
Hit CountersHit Counters