
I hope you are all with your families on this very happy holiday :)my favorite family tradition is goofy poetry (see first photo).
my mom usually heads up the creative side of this event, but we
(my sisters and I) help when we can. when she lets us : )
what are your traditions?
4 comments:
A bunch of my friends get together and have chinese food on Christmas Day. :-)
I hope you and your family have a good one!!
<3
1. Christmas lasagna... no one in my family really cares for ham.
2. Pecan rolls. Mom only makes them for Christmas. Meanie.
3. And someone ALWAYS gets sick. I had my turn in 2005 so I'm not up again for a bit.
Merry Christmas Robin!
I'm cooking my first ever turkey this year on Christmas eve, but we usually do homemade pizza and fudgesicles. :)
Very cute poetry and bright lovely shots.
The one tradition that I've kept since I learned how to make letters is writing on the outside of the Christmas decorations box after packing everything away at the end of the season. My mother started it and when we were kids we'd write about our presents. It's fascinating to see the progression of thoughts, intentions, and priorities as the years went along.
As the boxes wore down she would use a box cutter to take the sides with all our messages. I have them all. There hasn't been a year that I haven't sat down in front of whatever box is currently being used for this purpose to compose my thoughts about what the year has brought to the world and has meant to me.
Love and Merry Christmas to you, Robin.
Post a Comment