Monday, December 29, 2008

:::


Regarding the age old question, “Why me?” Stephen King says,
You make an agreement. You say to yourself ‘ok, there’s a God- why? Because I choose to believe there is a God. Believing makes my life better than not believing. Why did this happen to me? It happened to me for some good purpose. What is that good purpose? I don’t know, but I choose to believe it’s good, because to believe it’s bad would… bum out my whole day!
from: Terry Gross interviewing Stephen King on "Fresh Air" shortly after King's nearly fatal car accident.


8 comments:

Robin said...

Have you read his book On Writing? Great book!

robin ann mcintosh said...

yes! it IS a great book, I read it last year and it really influenced my writing... the last chapter actually describes his near death experience, really interesting.

Michelle said...

Hm, that is an interesting way to look at it.

Lydia said...

Very cool shot.
(and I love "Fresh Air"....)

Anonymous said...

So very true.

Britt said...

I like that a lot. Very true.

Shelby said...

Ha I think that's great. And a gorgeous photo, too. Love that orange.

robin ann mcintosh said...

thank you!

 
Hit CountersHit Counters