Saturday, December 13, 2008

venice.



December 15th marks two years living in this sun washed, palm tree studded part of the country.

As of late thoughts of moving have entered my mind. It is no secret to anyone, friends or family, that I have a bit of a wanderlust in me, unable to be stamped out by age or employment or education or romantic interest...

a few days ago I found myself explaining this to a good friend of mine, a southern california native. "I'm done with this place," I said. He replied "But you still have so much left to see!" He began rattling off all the "must see" spots I have somehow missed.

for the next 30 or so days I want to pose a challenge (to myself) - every day I will see something new in my landscape - big or small, significant or not - be it a new city, like today, or a plant, person, dog, sign, spill, color, gas station... until january first.


the point? appreciation & gratitude & understanding the benefit of standing still and simply looking.

today I tooled around venice beach with peter & sampson.

5 comments:

Lydia said...

A really intriguing idea and it'll be fun to follow you through the course of these days.

I immediately thought of one of my favorite old songs on Paul McCartney's TUG of WAR album: "Wanderlust."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
e03dNUFNIQA&NR=1

.......Dropping a line
Maybe this time
Its wanderlust for me.......

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

That's a great idea. Enjoy your little journey. x

robin ann mcintosh said...

thank you, ladies! Lydia, I will definitely check out that song.

Rosemary/sonrie said...

I keep trying to find parts of St. Louis (my town) ... it's such a treat and a pleasant surprise to find something I didn't know existed!

Anonymous said...

oh! boy! do i ever understand wanderlust.

 
Hit CountersHit Counters