Saturday, January 10, 2009

banksy-boo

remember this guy? banksy! when I lived in London I made it my sole purpose to find his satirical stencils.

fyi for those of you who think I'm referring to a muppet baby: banksy is the art world's angsty, pimple faced teen. he is sort of anonymous, his art is usually politically and inappropriately placed, he's a cult hero... what more is there? wikipedia.

6 comments:

Jen said...

(This belongs on a previous blog entry of yours)

I've always thought that a good graphic designer has his/her needle stuck exactly between their left and right brain-and when and how to jump back and forth.

love from m

Anonymous said...

gawker does great coverage of banksy: http://gawker.com/tag/banksy/

Lydia said...

You taught me something new again. I have lots to learn when it comes to graphic art, most definitely.

And how exciting that you lived in London!

Rosemary/sonrie said...

I really enjoy the work of Banksy. I have read a book about his work, can't remember the details, but it was full of his history and tags. a good site for tagging and graffiti is the Wooster Collective.

please sir said...

It must have felt great to go around looking and then finding them!

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

He has always been my favorite! I love the little girl with the balloon. He's awesome :)

 
Hit CountersHit Counters