Friday, January 23, 2009

friday!

laguna beach

i carry your heart -

i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
i fear
not fate (for you are my fate,my sweet) i want
no world (for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

ee cummings

have an incredible weekend!

11 comments:

please sir said...

So lovely - I will be carrying my heart through the weekend. TGIF.

coolhntr said...

this is my favorite poem of all times. I am going to post a poster I created based on it for you to see!

Happy Weekend,
J.

Anonymous said...

This is such a lovely poem, isn't it. I only recently heard it, on an episode of ER, but it stuck with me. Glad to see it here, again. Lovely post with the photo.

Katelin said...

absolutely love this poem, my friend used to post it all the time. lovely.

Steve Morozumi said...

i haven't read a good love/inspirational poem in awhile!, and that is a great one! i feel more expansive and warmer of heart after reading that! thank you for posting it! i feel like i've met my spiritual quota for the day (if there is such a thing? lol).

have a heartful weekend! :D

-Steve @ fluxlife

Britt said...

I love this poem :)

Have a great weekend!

Lydia said...

The poem was new to me and I loved loved loved it. Your shot of the birds worked perfectly. Beautiful capture of those birds and the expressive hands they are resting upon.

Fifi Flowers said...

I hope you ENJOY your weekend!
Fifi

Anonymous said...

If you like Bloc Party they have a recent song "Ion Square" with this poem in the chorus... it's great

Rebekah said...

So cheesy that I first came across this poem in the Jennifer Weiner novel "In Her Shoes" (which is infinitely superior to the movie, in case you did see that piece of crap) and I love love it. Thanks for posting it - brought a smile to my face :o)

robin ann mcintosh said...

haha "that piece of crap," it really was, wasn't it? and to anonymous, thanks! I will definitely check that sound out, never heard it before...

 
Hit CountersHit Counters