Monday, January 26, 2009

one more:

when I lived in Spain my friends & I would hold "mullet spotting" contests.

it was all fun and games until my friend dated one of them (see photo).

after a month and a half I finally got up the nerve to ask this foreign man
for a chance to give his hair a glory tug.

my friend still brings it up, calling me the "bane" of her "zaragozan romance."

It was so worth it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, that's mullet mania all right! Now, what shall we call the forehead thingy...?

Kerstin Klein said...

OMG... this hairstyle used to be so popular here in Germany 10-20 years ago. Specially most of the soccer players had it, and so all the fans too. ;)
When I was around 12 years old I didn´t want my mom to cut my hair, so she arranged that my aunt would cut it. And my aunt knew only how to cut 1 hair style! I really really was mad after seeing myself in the mirror with this hairstyle. :D

BTW: The hairstyle is called "Vokuhila" here. It is the abrevation of "Vorne Kurz Hinten Lang" (Front Short Back Long).

Lydia said...

The blog you linked made me laugh too! Hysterical.
I've never seen the phrase "glory-hair" before......it made me laugh again.

Anonymous said...

that is quite a hairstyle...

seesaw designs said...

The number of men still sporting the mullet in Spain is amazing! Guess they missed the memo...

seesaw designs said...

The number of men still sporting the mullet in Spain is amazing! Guess they missed the memo...

 
Hit CountersHit Counters