Monday, April 20, 2009

A Dream Deferred

What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry up
like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore--
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over--
like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.

Or does it explode?

4 comments:

Lydia said...

Nice! This is kinda hitting home because I'm starting a 21-month journey of adult orthodontia beginning this week when they glue the little thingies on my teeth. It is definitely a dream deferred and I'm expecting to feel really strange frequently for a long time! Case in point, do I attend my 40th high school reunion this July wearing braces? :)

Rosemary/sonrie said...

does it act like a chain around your ankle? that's what mine do -- until i answer them.

robin ann mcintosh said...

yes! of course, own it Lydia, not everyone gets to go through a second adolescence! sonrie, i like that :)

Lydia said...

so far so good. I'm having a great time with my braces!

 
Hit CountersHit Counters