Wednesday, May 13, 2009

sssssnake.

Yesterday there was a snake outside the office. In a blur of kakhi and ann taylor, the employees stormed the windows hoping to spot this slithering creature. It was like Santa Claus and the incredible hulk were strolling by arm in arm.

I, of course, didn't emerge from my cublet until most of the hoopla had died. Then I walked to Omar's office (yes, yes he has an office) and peered out his window(and yes, he has a window). I saw what looked like a brown leather belt slide into a bush. My response was to ask Omar if I could have a can of coke. He said no.

After the rejection, Matt and I went for a walk. We looked for the now famous amphibian, but all we saw were some rogue beetles and a few cigarette butts (probably mine from 9 days ago).

When I returned, two unread emails flashed in my inbox. Someone had taken photos of the thing and sent them company wide. here:


and guess what the email said? Disclaimer: I PROMISE I am not lying (Matt back me up).

It said:
RED ALERT WE HAVE SNAKES!

HAPPY HUNTING, YUMMY!

K#####
and who is this K###, might you ask? He's the creepy sales guy who walks by my desk and leers at me.

it's a small office after all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhh Snakes!!! This is the most common object of my dreams... or rather say nightmares!

Britt said...

Yuck! I hate snakes.

Lydia said...

My husband has taught me to rather appreciate the garter snakes in our yard. I can't believe how I've evolved in nine summers. Now, when I see a cat toying with one I march over, pick up the snake, and deposit it in a cool grassy area near a rock to hide under.

Your office is truly ripe with snakes of the human variety.

 
Hit CountersHit Counters