i used to play cats cradle constantly. i would start with cats cradle and end up at jacob's ladder, stopping by french underpants and twin stars along the way.
i can not wait to attend art school and be inspired by my classmates.
I played cats cradle all the time too. We were just talking about this on fathers day when my best friends cousin was asking if we played clapping games (we did). I wish I though to take inspired photos like this one :)
Strange but true - this is one 'rite of passage' I never learned. None of my girlfriends did it, and so it didn't get passed along to me...but I always thought it looked very cool. Don't know any of the other wonderful names you mentioned either (french underpants - what must that look like!!) Obviously a big chunk of childhood oral and hand game history is missing from my life. I can still do the Hand Jive (dance) though, if I can redeem myself a little with that one!
7 comments:
I played cats cradle all the time too. We were just talking about this on fathers day when my best friends cousin was asking if we played clapping games (we did). I wish I though to take inspired photos like this one :)
me too :) we used to play tons of slapping/clapping games!
Strange but true - this is one 'rite of passage' I never learned. None of my girlfriends did it, and so it didn't get passed along to me...but I always thought it looked very cool. Don't know any of the other wonderful names you mentioned either (french underpants - what must that look like!!) Obviously a big chunk of childhood oral and hand game history is missing from my life. I can still do the Hand Jive (dance) though, if I can redeem myself a little with that one!
Did you go public again? 25 posts just showed up in my feed!
haha I went public for a minute and then I got scared and ducked under the privacy option
go back public!
yayyyyy hope to see you tomorrow. We'll have to take pictures all weekend :)
wow! brings back tons of memories
thanks!
Post a Comment