this is why:
Me: Hello?
Mike: ROBIN!
Me: Mike. You finally got me to pick up the phone. Who's number is this?
Mike: Irrelevant, McIntosh. What's up.
Me: Nothing.
Mike: I was just thinking about the time Blake, you and I were sitting on the trampoline, remember that?
Me: Yes.
Mike: And Blake told you that you came in somewhere between a pixie and a troll.
Me: He smelled like beef cubes!
Mike: And remember when you egged my house and I got in huge trouble and you told me to tell my Mom you were making cookies? As an excuse?
Me: I was wise beyond my years.
Mike: Remember our secret spot behind the fire station?
Me: that was MY spot asshole.
Mike: Remember when you told Gabe you didn't want to date him anymore and he tried to drown himself in the pool? Cold hearted, Robin, cold hearted.
Me: REMEMBER YOU USED TO MAKE ME BIKE AROUND THE NEIGHBORHOOD WITH A ROPE TIED AROUND MY WAIST? AND YOU USED TO WEAR ROLLERSKATES AND MAKE ME DRAG YOU?? REMEMBER THAT? HUH? REMEMBER THAT?!!
.... silence.
5 comments:
This was all at 1am? That's some serious remembering for half asleep time! Well done!
That's great dialogue for a book sometime, Robin.
I have a friend from high school who calls with inane comments like that, only not at 1am. He's always been so drunk, sometimes slurring his words so much he is not understandable. Another friend, who is on the reunion committee with him, emailed last week and said that his daughter had an intervention. Evidently, he may be sequestered somewhere and heaven knows he needs it.
oh I recorded it as we were talking. handy blackmail in the future, plus information to give to the police if mike kurtz shows up at my doorstep in california (which yes, he said he would, and sleep there).
oh annoying people.
oh annoying people.
Post a Comment