Monday, March 31, 2008

31: reflecting

One image to pay homage to the past,

No matter the state of your garden, as long as you care for your garden yourself, it is never too late to claim that which has always been yours.


Breaking up - breaking up the pair, breaking up the relationship, breaking up the little bubble you've inevitably created. I miss the bubble. I miss the boy – I miss his humor, his kindness, his steadiness – and I miss the boy’s family.

In December we – his family and I - went for a little jaunt to Central America and frankly, I couldn’t take the pressure.

I miss the Boy’s mother – she has this uncanny ability to understand people, and to draw conclusions and realizations from seemingly impossible situations. She can look at something and see through it – and tell you about it after. In the most gracious, and thoughtful, way. His father is hilarious, and unapologetic ally kind. For a long time I felt supported by them, and by the boy – like I had jumped down the rabbit hole and awoken in a fuzzy cocoon of warmth and Midwestern nice.

But. But there’s always a but. Everything changed, and that’s OK too.

another image to welcome the future - and the summer!



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. I promise it gets easier.

robin ann mcintosh said...

thank you so much, i hope so.

wackyjackie said...

I love you so much, I am sorry that you have to go through this, but I really do believe that hardship strengthens character, and that you are a living example of that.
I can't wait for the summer.
Much love as always,
Jack

wackyjackie said...

i thought of a new heading for our blog
_A few words from san fran
just of the top of our heads..

hahahahahhaha
my creativity just doesn't stop

Dolce said...

Robin, I finished reading your entire blog from start to finish, so inspiring. I'm so glad you found me!

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, you will find men who are not freaked out by your sobriety. You will actually find men who come to respect and admire it about you.

When I told the "normal" guy I'd been on 3-4 dates with why I never had a drink when we went out, his eyes nearly left his head. We've been dating for 3-4 months now. It's a non-issue, and the confidence and motivation I've found in my sobriety are a huge turn-on for him.

I have to say, though, that I only found someone when I was willing to be alone. I clung to a guy in early sobriety and it was ugly. Once I moved to the place where I felt good being single, it didn't matter if I found someone or not. And I know that my sobriety will withstand any trial now.

Good luck. And I'll tell you something someone told me - how can you be sober if you're high?

Jen said...

Well I guess this month's word is 'connections'. Please keep this going with Allana - she will only bring you strength and not sadness it seems.

On another note, Soph has 2 favorite new toys - a green reptile thing with no stuffing left and a mangy old stuffed blue hot dog??!! If Sam is in mourning let me know. I'd love to get them out of my office (just kidding)
love mmmm

robin ann mcintosh said...

sampson's new thing is dragging his toys to the balcony and pushing them under the grill. he has a little toy-graveyard under there. you can add your reptile and blue hot dog, if you like, i promise i'll do right by them and provide proper burial.

love you, mamba.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I really love that deep dark purple......gorgeous.

I hope that things begin to get easier for you.


*I found you through 1218's blog-FYI

 
Hit CountersHit Counters