Tuesday, April 8, 2008

7th kindness: self-quarantine


I woke up sick. Sickly sick, with a red, scratchy throat and a stuffy nose. I feel as though someone cracked open my head and filled it with cement. Stuffed cotton balls in my ears.
Glazed my eyeballs with a blowtorch. It’s misery, absolute misery.

I calculated my average niceness: 5 point something. So, according to Cassie, I have to beat my average by next Tuesday... Any suggestions?

My good deed today: going home early and sparing students what could very well be the next bubonic plague. 4. The image above is from a beach walk on Sunday... to remind myself of happier times (sob).

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww....poor baby. I hope you feel better. Being sick sucks!

Rebecca said...

I don't know about the homeless situation in Newport or how comfortable you would be doing this, but i always thought it would be really nice if you saw a homeless person asking for money to take them for a meal. I know if they are truly hungry and homeless it would mean so much to them to see that they aren't being ignored and someone does care a little bit about them. The meal doesn't even have to be a nice one; I'm sure even McDonalds would sound great to them. Just a thought ( :

Pammie said...

well bless your heart, we've got the stomach flu going around down here if that makes you feel any better. I say staying away from others when you are sick...rates high on the kindness scale.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Well that's no good, I hope you feel better soon!

Maybe volunteer some of your time somewhere? Old folks home or like a YMCA type place with kids?!?!

Jen said...

Hey Robs- make sure you get tested for strep throat which needs to be treated with antiboiotics. There is also a quarantine period that is advised ... get better! And let me know about the Adobe package when you get better- love moi

Jess said...

I give the going home early to avoid getting people sick thing a 9. I HATE it when people don't do that. It is just so rude.

Kim said...

Ack! That's horrible. :-( That's what I had last week. And you should get either a 9 or a 10 for going home and not passing it! Feel better (btw, this is painful but it helps get that icky slime feeling out of your mouth and throat- eat toasted bread or some sort of crusty bread)

Tipp said...

Lots of TLC and soup.

Feel better!

paz said...

feel better- i am sick too- miles away we will share our misery-
here is a good idea for a good deed when you feel better: invite some friends over for a nice home cooked meal. especially students would appreciate this one :) love you

Britt said...

Hi :) Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm impressed with all the kindness goin on here...why did you decide to start the 30 days of kindness?

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

Definitely a good deed, it's always good ot take care of yourself. Feel better!

robin ann mcintosh said...

thanks for the good deed suggestions - I needed them, esp after today's! I'm going to look into volunteering.

Britt - 30 days of kindness - i can't take credit for it, i have to give readers of my blog credit - people far nicer and open minded than i - oh and my sister, cassie, credit for the ratings -

great idea, eh?

Sizzle said...

I hope you are feeling better!

 
Hit CountersHit Counters