Monday, April 28, 2008

i love: something I can't describe.

The opposite of fear is faith –

The word spirituality. What do I think of when I hear this word? BC (before change) spirituality conjured: the boogieman of our generation, the cult of corny, groovy new agers with long hair and balloon pants – dear god, should I say it? Fanney packs. Fanney packs and Enya.

And post-change (referred to as an “entire physic change” by a man many of you know), I view the word differently.

It’s a cliché saying, but it helped me when I first tried to understand why this small word would posesses a big place in my newly fashioned life:

Religion is for people who are scared of hell; spirituality is for people who have been there.

Zen Quote: “God is a thousand dawnings.”

Feel the love-bliss all around you, as my modern day mystic, Barry, would say. Everyone and everything is inextricably linked. The only thing that separates me and you and me and “God” is the ego.

The ego is: conscious or unconscious separation from.

From my spiritual mentor, Barry, I have some homework: write poetry and consider life's beautiful faces - the aha! dawnings.
Some old classics: the ocean, the sea, the rain. Or Sam’s puppy face staring up at me first thing every morning. My Mom’s laugh, my Dad’s chuckle. Jackie’s wry comments. Cassie's mushy moments when she turns to the sun like a flower. The way I feel after talking to an old friend, relaxed and inspired, shrouded in love bliss.

And on and on.

Just things to think about.

I love something I can’t name.

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

 
Hit CountersHit Counters