Thursday, May 1, 2008

I love: Sir Sampson.

A dog is one of the remaining reasons why some people can be persuaded to go for a walk.

a rebuttal, in part, to here.

Ode to Sir Sampson

WELL my black and white furry friend,
this is a far cry from the end -
Steel my heart for the day,
the dog police takes you away.

THEY'LL come pounding upon our door,
I’ll kneel before them, and implore -
“Let me keep my Sammy-head!
He loves me too! and takes most of the bed!”


You eat fine steaks, and old birthday cakes -
You love Bob Mac, and also the Jack -
You have an Aunt Halley, and for the grand finale -
Everyone loves you! (I’m almost through)

Who would I take on marathon walks?
Who would stay sit for one hour talks?
When I paint my nails, he gnaws on his bone -
And I never again have to feel alone.

So off with your bells, your whistles, your sirens –
Don’t I write sort of like Byron?
I am keeping my little Sir Sampson guru –
and with that, thank goodness, i'll say adieu!

-----
Ridiculous? Yes, definitely ridiculous. Mum made me write it for one of the award ceremonies.

13 comments:

Bill said...

Hi! Pardon me for barging in; I saw your comment on Pam's blog.

Your profile mentioned finding the beauty in life. Stay focused on the things that will help you find the beauty within yourself. It's there! It doesn't need external things to coax it out into the open.

Be well and prevail!

Kim said...

Lol, that was so cute! :-) and that lady seems like a prude anyway. Bleh. Happy Friday hun!

amy turn sharp said...

sweet!

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

oh how sweet. I love my pup so much too, and I can relate to your 4th set there! I don't write poems to my Stella, but I do sing lots of songs to her... (she probably thinks I'm crazy)

Britt said...

He's just so cute :) I love dogs too. Whenever I had a bad day growing up, I'd cry into my german shepherds fun. She always made me feel better!

Happy Friday!

Dolce said...

Luv da doggies! It's kind of crazy how our little four legged friends become our best friends.

Anonymous said...

So adorable!

Anonymous said...

Awwww...Sir Sampson is so handsome. Oh look I made rhyme! Good ode.

Happy Friday!

Jen said...

ha ha- bad irish poetry is in your blood too!!

I wrote a blog entry and painted a pic to go with it Robs but I'll email it to you so you can post it as a guest. Let me know when you get it . . .

love you! moob

Anonymous said...

I loved your good deeds, they really inspired me & I'm hard to inspire. Sir Sampson is adorable.

Katelin said...

aw you're so cute!

Rebecca said...

Haha I can't wait for Jackie to read this! She always makes fun of me how much I love my dog(yes, i may be a little extreme at times but nevertheless...) and I think she will have a field day with this one!

P.S. I love your May challenge. I was thinking of something similar, like writing about something I am grateful for everyday but I think I might wait to start it in June, after finals are done!

robin ann mcintosh said...

becca, would you be willing to guest post for me? wait, i'll save this for your blog.

 
Hit CountersHit Counters