Robin, I saved you to read tonight after finishing my post, kinda like dessert, and was thrilled and humbled (can those two really go together?) that you included me in your "I love" series under bloggers in recovery. I am just loving this series anyway and for you to compliment me in this way ...well, it is one of those reminders of how beautiful sobriety truly is. Thank you so much.
Your line about this disease that tells you you don't have a disease is important for all people in recovery to remember. We can't get complacent, not ever.
I plan on blogging my recovery story in October, my sober anniversary. You remind me that sharing the story has value to others and it's good to click refresh every once in awhile for your own sake!
I saved this little Zen story back in 2000:
"A local governor asked Ma-tsu: 'Master, should I eat and drink wine?'
Ma-tsu, without judging, offered two possible paths: 'To eat and drink wine is your natural right. But to abstain from meat and wine is your chance for greater blessedness.'"
You are a strong person just for talking about this;
Though people are diagnosed with a variety of diseases/ ailments/ conditions, does that diagnosis help us more to understand and receive treatment, or exclude us by its' very labeling?
Who ever thought the internet could produce such an amazing support system? It really opens doors for people recovering, but I've also found it helpful trying to understand addiction and sobriety.
Hi Robin: Thanks for including me in your list. I basically started blogging so that my three children could know me better. Of course my sobriety is of prime importance, but how I became an alcoholic and how I got to AA is also a huge part of my life's story. Since so many of my readers are "earth people" I have tried to introduce the alcoholic part in a way that they could understand. I don't know if I've been successful in this but it means I've left out a lot of the hard core stuff that we share in closed meetings. I am so proud of you (at your age) to be able to see that you have a drinking problem and then to forge ahead with the solution. Hurray! Trust me when I say that it only gets better. In June I will have 19 years and I can't imagine how far ahead I'd be if I'd started at your age. It takes great courage on your part. Hugs, Ginie
thank you, everyone! i was so nervous posting this - shaking hands and all - and every single one of your comments made it worth it.
lydia, thank you for having the courage and strength to be honest and giving. i admire you so much!
kim, 1218, wayfaring, dolce. sonrie - thank you for supporting me! i love reading about each of your lives, so glad we met in this blog-world : )
ginnie, i hope to be like you when i have more time. 19 years! I don't know how I survived 1 1/2. thanks for writing and committing yourself to blogging!
15 comments:
Robin,
I saved you to read tonight after finishing my post, kinda like dessert, and was thrilled and humbled (can those two really go together?) that you included me in your "I love" series under bloggers in recovery. I am just loving this series anyway and for you to compliment me in this way ...well, it is one of those reminders of how beautiful sobriety truly is. Thank you so much.
Your line about this disease that tells you you don't have a disease is important for all people in recovery to remember. We can't get complacent, not ever.
I plan on blogging my recovery story in October, my sober anniversary. You remind me that sharing the story has value to others and it's good to click refresh every once in awhile for your own sake!
I saved this little Zen story back in 2000:
"A local governor asked Ma-tsu: 'Master, should I eat and drink wine?'
Ma-tsu, without judging, offered two possible paths: 'To eat and drink wine is your natural right. But to abstain from meat and wine is your chance for greater blessedness.'"
I love the quote from the book. It is true but so humbling at the same time. You are absolutely amazing. Continue on your way hun!
Thanks for everything.
Your story & willingness to share is also very inspiring, even for those who aren't in recovery......
I recently discovered Lydia (WriterQuake) - she is wildly talented :o)
Keep strong lady. I'm glad you found a good support system. That is the most important in recovering from anything.
You are a strong person just for talking about this;
Though people are diagnosed with a variety of diseases/ ailments/ conditions, does that diagnosis help us more to understand and receive treatment, or exclude us by its' very labeling?
Who ever thought the internet could produce such an amazing support system? It really opens doors for people recovering, but I've also found it helpful trying to understand addiction and sobriety.
Hi Robin: Thanks for including me in your list. I basically started blogging so that my three children could know me better. Of course my sobriety is of prime importance, but how I became an alcoholic and how I got to AA is also a huge part of my life's story. Since so many of my readers are "earth people" I have tried to introduce the alcoholic part in a way that they could understand. I don't know if I've been successful in this but it means I've left out a lot of the hard core stuff that we share in closed meetings.
I am so proud of you (at your age) to be able to see that you have a drinking problem and then to forge ahead with the solution. Hurray!
Trust me when I say that it only gets better. In June I will have 19 years and I can't imagine how far ahead I'd be if I'd started at your age.
It takes great courage on your part. Hugs, Ginie
thank you, everyone! i was so nervous posting this - shaking hands and all - and every single one of your comments made it worth it.
lydia,
thank you for having the courage and strength to be honest and giving. i admire you so much!
kim, 1218, wayfaring, dolce. sonrie -
thank you for supporting me! i love reading about each of your lives, so glad we met in this blog-world : )
ginnie,
i hope to be like you when i have more time. 19 years! I don't know how I survived 1 1/2. thanks for writing and committing yourself to blogging!
robin
oh my lord oh my lord ! u the sweetest thang girllll. i love ya to pieces. it works if you work it doesn't it! KEWL beans.
i'm so glad i stopped in. it is very STRANGE that out of all my links today I randomly chose yours to check in on. Coincidence?? don't think so!
i'd give ya a big ole hug if i saw you right now. keep on keepin on. WE stay sober together.
talk to you again soon.
and i would hug you back! i'm going to email you today, i listened to those recordings, and wow! awesome.
have a great day, miss molly -
I am honored to be in the presence of such great women! It's okay that I am a guy because I ain't a hetero guy!
I protect my serenity only second to my sobriety, and it is serenity I try to project in my art and in my posts.
And where would we all be without gratitude? Oh, yeah, that is from whence we came!
scott, you're the man! i love your blog and your art, and i know those who read my blog will too : )
scott, you're the man! i love your blog and your art, and i know those who read my blog will too : )
i'm glad you've found such amazing people/bloggers that are sharing experiences like yours, i can only imagine how that helps :)
Post a Comment