Saturday, May 24, 2008

I love: Cassandra M.

introducing my sister, Cassie.


cassie, me

this is scribbled on the back of the picture of both of us:

Cassie: gentle/fat/happy/ giggles a lot/ likes classical music

Robin Ann: (2 years) likes to party/ rowdy/
can beat up any kid in the neighbourhood/
stays up later than her Daddy

Where do you live?

Evanston, Chicago, go to Northwestern.

Who are your favorite sisters?

Well, I do have all my tridelta ones that I pay every quarter for : ). JK. You two of course.


What is your favorite Dorset, Canada memory?
Hmmmm. This is a Shanty Bay one: but I remember when the Tornado ripped down like 8
hundred-year-old trees...one MASSIVE one randomly plopped into the lake like a sort of
god-given dock and we got to spend days hopping around on its limbs until Uncle Chris
sawed it up...The cottage was great too; being 8 years old and playing “property”...selling
and buying rocks with leaves...We got very competitive with it...Dad’s influence perhaps?
...ahhh and who could forget “the shed”: an old electrical hub we found mid-woods and
spend days swinging on electric cords....wow there are too many options really


What is your favorite Bobism? (quote from our Dad)
Toughie, because the man speaks in proverbs...maybe “optimists wake up and say good
morning god. Pessimists wake up and say Good God Morning!”. I use one of his quotes
almost every day for some situation in my life...Or actually, here’s a clip of my most recent
conversation within him:

“Robert McIntosh” (10:22:00 AM): going to read for a while before flying, enjoy this day,
the present!
cassiej1488 (10:22:41 AM): thanks dad! haha where did that come from
“Robert McIntosh” (10:22:58 AM): the grace
cassiej1488 (10:23:38 AM): ahah
cassiej1488 (10:23:46 AM): a book?
“Robert McIntosh” (10:23:56 AM): are you on your i phone!
cassiej1488 (10:24:23 AM): haha nope the mac
“Robert McIntosh” (10:24:58 AM): what's past is history, what's future mystery, today is a
gift that's why its called the present
cassiej1488 (10:25:30 AM): yeah i agree
cassiej1488 (10:25:38 AM): i actually think someone stole my phone when i was out again
cassiej1488 (10:25:42 AM): but i am waiting on it
“Robert McIntosh” (10:25:59 AM): how's Devin
“Robert McIntosh” (10:26:56 AM): I just called your # and got a message saying that they
are not accepting calls at this time!

THOUGHTS:
*What is “the grace”, seriously?
*How did I get so lucky to have such great parents? What kind of parent doesn’t blow up at
their child for losing her phone again...


Who do you like better, Picasso or Chagall?
Picasso

If you weren't a Libra, what would you be?
Gemini probs. I bury my emotions. Perhaps an Aquarius for my quirkiness and
independence, but I think I'm more attached then most aquariuses.

Who are the five closest people to you?
I am also excluding family because that would take up four spots.

Devin Drowley, Sara Parker, Katie and Liv, Beth, Pam and Lily, Kirstin and Nicole, lot of
different little groups im close with

Where have you lived?

Florida! Breckenridge! Canada!

Evanston, Ill: Allison Hall, Tridelta Sorority House (yikes!!!), Park Evanston, Evanston Place,
Public Affairs Residential College: it’s been a long run here
Salamanca, Spain
Madrid, Spain
COSTA RICA WITH THE JACKIE


What is your boyfriend, Devin, like?
Haha. Well...Devin is a wonderful, grounded, intelligent engineer with a conscience of steel
and a heart of gold. I hope he will be in my life for a long time, at the very least as a great
inspiring friend.. BUT my biggest fear is being seen as a big mushy codependent unit with
him so I try not to talk about him much...

I don’t believe that romantic relationships should
be the driving force in ones identity. Obviously, I feel very very strongly about this issue : )
I’m grateful for Devin but also for all the wonderful kaleidoscope of stimulating people in
my life and would like to emphasize that.

What are three things I don't know about you?
-I’ve traded a lot of my old quirks for new ones. I don’t ask thousands of hypothetical
questions any more or flip a coin when it comes to decisions...I do a bunch of other weird
OCD things now which I won't detail here hahaha.
-i'm a huge flirt. w/ both guys and girls.
-I love winter...snow flurries falling like “polite confetti over a the dark surf of lake
Michigan”, waking up to a new white-crystalled world, ice slips, wind tunnels, love it all. I'll
complain like everyone else but I secretly hope it lasts till april.


What are some additional things readers should know about your personality?
-Like Jack, I’m super sensitive as well. I’m also a sucker for flattery...sometimes I take
form over function and beauty over honesty....I like delusion: I’m working on that....also
being worked on: when I’m offended I whip out a cutting McIntosh trained tongue that
could probably rival robin's. It gets me into trouble.

A little more about Cass: she is one of the most interesting and inspiring people I know. She is unusually intelligent, always has been, and is piercing in her observations. We don't talk daily, like Jackie and I, but we might as well, because when we do talk it feels as though no time has passed. We share the same voice, and a lot of the same mannerisms. We used to pretend we were twins. I absolutely love her- she's my sister and my best friend!

Just out of curiosity: do you find us similar? I always thought we had
similar writing styles.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

whose micky again? also you should let me put these into paragraphs and ill fix the typos too haha. lazy i am

Lani said...

Wow! You both have such beautiful striking eyes (I'm sure you guys get that all the time).

wackyjackie said...

i love bringing back the memories from Dorset and Shanty Bay. I love all the recent posts. The first pic is adorable. I have never seen that one before.

Britt said...

you three all look alike. such beautiful eyes. also, I think you all write very similarly too. Sounds like you have a fantastic family!

robin ann mcintosh said...

thanks britt : ) we have our trials, but we get through it. fortunately. do you have siblings?

Britt said...

do i ever :) 2 sisters, a brother, two step sisters and a step brother. Gong show on the best of days :)

Mrs.French said...

You have such a wonderful family! How great is it that your sister quotes your dad everday? Pretty great!

wackyjackie said...

Micky-
nobody reads anything you say, so you can just stop. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Whoah....Now I understand hahaha. i feel a bit uncomfortable he chose mine.

robin ann mcintosh said...

don't worry, he is indiscriminate, he chooses everyone's. freak.

Anonymous said...

i'm not gonna read that junk but i did notice this which cracked me up:

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

LoL.

 
Hit CountersHit Counters