Friday, May 23, 2008

I love: Mands.

amanda pushing me around...

yes, I had the world's largest noggin...

this was on my dorm room wall -

middle school, two cool kids on a train.

in college, at the lox.

Amanda is my oldest friend - allegedly she was in the hospital waiting room when I was boring (so says mum).

Would I be friends with her had our parents not been friends? Probably not. But, then again, who knows… maybe yes. Perhaps our friendships are marked beforehand – before before - despite changes in the plot.

She is kind and strong, wise and loyal. She looks at the world clearly, in color, and helps me when all I can see is black and white. We will never not be friends, and that knowledge is the stuff of great friendships.

& company:

I would feel remiss if I didn’t pay homage to the rest of the clan. Amanda’s brothers and sisters, my almost-cousins. Sara: strong, Adam: hilarious, and Carmel is… Carmel is unique.

& the parents:

My almost-Uncle and almost-Aunt. My second pair of parents. Now they have been friends with my parents for... well Sabina and Dad went to high school together. So basically when dinosaurs roamed the earth.

I love you, mands: )

4 comments:

wackyjackie said...

love this and love the cows.
we all need to reunite pronto.
love,
jack

OmarSal said...

I love the photographs! You were both cute kid's.

Sian said...

My parents have friends like that. It makes me hope that the friends I have now will be with me all the rest of my life too.
I love the way you arrange your blog btw.

Anonymous said...

Manders!!!!!!!

 
Hit CountersHit Counters