Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I love: Jackie M.


Jackie. 

one of her and max. you know... there is no makeup, no surgery, no outfit in the WORLD that can make a woman look more beautiful than when she is in love.
and believe me friends, she is a woman in love. 

what a looker!

i remember that face. see below. 

Here is an interview with Jackie. My comments are in blue (sorry Jack I had to add them).

Who are your favorite sisters?
In no particular order.
I think you know this = )

What is your favorite Dorset, Canada memory?
I think I have to go back to Shanty Bay, where I played the baby Jackie, Robin played Miss Annie, and Cassie played Auntie as well as cousin Gloria and sometimes I really did believe she was two different people. Shanty Bay was like a different world to us. There were endless possibilities. I remember I used to sneak off to see Money and Walshie in their log cabin. The big McIntosh family kicked them out of their house for the summer =). Money would give me triskits, cheese and salami, and Walshie and I would chat. I think Money thought that I didn't like her because I would always do a bee line right for Walshie. I don't think you guys knew where I was so this was one of my favorite activities because it was such a nice escape after being bossed around all day- haha.

I also played Jackie's Mom. And no, I did not know you used to sneak off to the log cabin - I would never have let you!

What is your favorite Bobism? (quote from our Dad)
Comparing yourself with others can only make you bitter or vane.

Who do you like better, Picasso or Chagall?
Chagall- I like this question because I just framed I and the Village in my new room. Looks great on turquoise.

If you weren't the fun loving, sharp minded Gemini you are : ) what would you be?
ooo this one is a toughy.
I think I might be pisces because I am rather introverted, I really do seem to have split personalities though and sometimes I keep to myself so much. I also think I feel very deeply which seems to be a pisces quality, I am not sure though this may be because I know so much about this sign.

WOOOO!

Who are the five closest people to you?
I am excluding family because that would take up four spots.
Max. Becca. Amber. Jazz. Carmel.

Where have you lived?
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Posadas, Missiones, Argentina - (5 weeks)
Breckenridge, Colorado
San Francisco, California

I hear you like acting. What was your favorite role?
Cherry from the Outsiders

Your boyfriend, Max, I think he's a real keeper. What is your favorite thing to do with him? (make this PG, please J )
That's disgusting Robs, obviously I would have to make it PG. haha. I love talking to him when he is willing to talk, it's one of my favorite activities in the world. I love how he still sort of makes me nervous and how I can never stop smiling around him. So anywhere that will give us the opportunity. I love being alone with him, maybe going to the beach at night.

What are three things I don't know about you?
- I am a huge pack rat, I have so much trouble throwing away stuff from the past.
- I am a pretty sneaky person, especially when I was younger, I used to do all kinds of stuff and get away with it.
- I was founder of a book club, even though I barely read books in high school.

haha I knew all these things!!

What are some additional things readers should know about your personality?
I would say that I am a pretty sensitive person, usually I don't like brutal honesty at first, but just this past year I learned how good it can be for one's character.

A little more about Jack: She's my best friend - I call her at least once a day. She has the sweetest soul, always has and always will. She is the kind of friend who would lay down on train tracks before she saw you hurt. I lean on her through the good and the bad. 

Mushy enough? I could go on for weeks. I am just happy I can introduce her to you all! Here is her blog, A WORD FROM SAN FRANCISCO, if you want to check it out. 

Everyone has to comment, because I begged her to do this!

25 comments:

Sian said...

A beautiful tribute :)
I am off to check A Word right now...

Britt said...

I wish I got along with my sisters as well as you do with her! And that picture of her and Max? Stunning.

please sir said...

So lovely - cute picture of the couple!

Kim said...

Love the pics!I'm going to stop by her blog as well :-)

Sizzle said...

Cherry from the Outsiders- what a great role to play!

. . . said...

beautiful...inside and out.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Your sister is so purdy.......

I wish my sister and I were as close....since I moved away we aren't anymore.......plus my sister is a tad bit cynical and it doesn't mesh well with my personality anymore......hmmm I should at least call her though!

Anonymous said...

I think you have an amazingly beautiful relationship with your sister. I have to say I am jealous. I don't have such a relationship with mine. I used to. Makes me sad not to now. But I love this post!

wackyjackie said...

Thanks for all the comments, this really gave me some blogspiration. =)
I appreciate the kind words and thoughts.

Katelin said...

aw this is so cute. i love seeing sisters that are so close to each other, it's precious :)

OmarSal said...

My first contact with Robin and Jackie's relationship was in September of 2003, the first month of my Freshman Undergraduate. I had just finished helping Robin hang a full size, rectangle mirror in her dorm room--it was more like a piece of reflective glass. Robin was sitting on her desk's wooden chair as she pulled out a handful of photographs from a decorated shoe-box and organized them on her desk in no particular pattern.

"Here, look, this is a picture of my little sister Jackie," and she handed me the photograph with tears in her eyes. I asked her what was wrong. She replied, "Nothing, I just love her so much."

Such love results from more than an instictive, family relationship. There is a great substance to their connection that stems from mutual admiration, as they are both incredible people.

-----
Sorry, Robin and Jackie if you both found this story embarising. Looking forward to seeing you soon, Jackie.

robin ann mcintosh said...

omy, that's TOTALLY embarrassing!

note to everyone else: I'm not just a big cry baby, I was new at UM and really missed my family.

sheesh.

Jen said...

What a moving post ... thank you Jack and Robin. (Cass will be a blogster soon too I know) love mum

Scott W said...

Don't be embarrassed, it's sweet. And your mum blogs, too? Wow!

Robin said...

Friends may come and go, but you always have family, and how lucky are you that you have family that are also your friends.

Lani said...

Absolutely lovely - another beautifully written post, Robin :)

Mrs.French said...

Your sweet post makes me miss my sister so much. If I am not able to share things with her it is almost as if they never happened. simply lovely.

robin ann mcintosh said...

i hear you, mrs. french, i feel the same way. and lani and everyone else, thank you!!

Rebecca said...

I can't even describe how much I have loved having your little sister as a roommate. Not only was she an awesome person to explore SF with (someone who actually APPRECIATES all the great parts of the city) but she really became one of my best friends. She was such a warm face to come home to when I was having a bad day and would always listen to my often ridiculous and irrational thoughts without criticism. And I think the most important thing Jackie has done for me as a roomie was get me back in touch with my inner "Lost" lover (hehe jk, but really I love her to death too and think you guys have a great family!)

Rebecca said...

I can't even describe how much I have loved having your little sister as a roommate. Not only was she an awesome person to explore SF with (someone who actually APPRECIATES all the great parts of the city) but she really became one of my best friends. She was such a warm face to come home to when I was having a bad day and would always listen to my often ridiculous and irrational thoughts without criticism. And I think the most important thing Jackie has done for me as a roomie was get me back in touch with my inner "Lost" lover (hehe jk, but really I love her to death too and think you guys have a great family!)

Sian said...

D'you know... it was almost as much fun to read these comments as it was to read the post.
:)

robin ann mcintosh said...

sian - thanks : ) I know what you mean, everyone has something to say! I love it.

wackyjackie said...

Omar, I love that story. It makes me so happy. Can't wait to see the both of you.!

wackyjackie said...

Aww becca, reading your comment makes me miss you so much.
I think we are definitely due for an ichat soon. You really made my freshman year so much better. ! Can't wait to talk with you, and i hope you get your gift soon =)

OmarSal said...

No need to thank me Miss Jacks. It's I that should thank you and Robin for making that event possible. That "tears of the picture" event is one of the reasons Robin won my heart. In addition, I couldn't wait to meet the model in the photograph, you.

------

I like that photograph of you and Max. It was a pleasure meeting him. We share a similar craziness (about 40%). He's a cool dude who supports the carnal qualities of T&D's palaces.

 
Hit CountersHit Counters