Saturday, June 28, 2008

Cindy Sherman's work.





She reminds me that we are all victims of masquerading. We role play, we are actors, we are authentic copies. I am a work in progress, a lifelong project.

From Cindy Sherman:

The work is what it is and hopefully it’s seen as feminist work, or feminist-advised work, but I’m not going to go around espousing theoretical bullshit about feminist stuff.

The still must tease with the promise of a story the viewer of it itches to be told.

7 comments:

Patricia Marie said...

Very interesting. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

You always know about the coolest people & stuff. I need the last picture in a huge print that I can just point to whenever I'm not wearing make up.

Mrs.French said...

I can't stop staring...that's a good thing.

barry said...

Robin McIntosh you are REALLY devoted to this blog and all your female friends who come here. For their information you wrote the above comment after packing all the night before, and then all that morning, and one-half hour before you went to drive a giant moving van to move your digs into storage until you get back from South America!! Unbelievable blog loyalty. If Omar, Evan and I could get this attention we would be happy guys!!!But looks like girls rule here.Sob,sob.

robin ann mcintosh said...

you fellas get enough attention, you have me running all over like a chicken with its head cut off! sob from ME!

Cassandra J said...

http://www.moma.org/exhibitions/1997/sherman/jpgs/sherman06.jpg

love cindy sherman! had to study her for a class on women in the public eye

Jessie Cacciola said...

amazing artist. xo

 
Hit CountersHit Counters