On another note, during meditation this morning I stumbled upon this:
I will be more afraid of spirit-unrest, of
soul-disturbance, of any ruffling of the mind, than of earthquake or fire. When I feel the calm of my spirit has been broken by emotional upset, then I must steal away alone with God, until my heart sings and all is strong and calm again. Uncalm times are the only times when evil can find an entrance. I will beware of unguarded spots of unrest. I will try to keep calm, no matter what turmoil surrounds me.
Lately my life is blessed with pillars and lighthouses. A pillar is someone I lean on in times of unrest and upheaval. A lighthouse is someone I trust for guidance and new perspective. Dad is a pillar, Mom is a lighthouse.
Last night I made my first eighty-plus year old friend.
June (lady): Hello, is this your first meeting?
Me: Oh, no, but my first time in this one.
June: Welcome! Here is my phone number.
she grabs my hand and scrawls her phone number across my palm.
Just press that to your forehead, missy, and you'll be fine.
June has thirty seven years of sobriety and ends every share by saying: "And I'm standing on the f-ing mountain, listening to the wind." She is the most joyful, serene person with the worst potty mouth I have ever had the sweet pleasure of meeting.
Definitely a lighthouse.
No comments:
Post a Comment