Monday, June 30, 2008

last night at S-307.


I once asked my Pops, What quality do you most admire in a woman? He replied: passion. I persisted, What quality do you most admire in a man? He replied: strength.

I was ten years old, and he had enough sense not to return the question.

So at age 23 I am going to ask myself, What qualities do I most admire in a man?

I admire men who are like woman. Not girly boys or effeminate males. I most admire men who contain characteristics typically attributed to females. Unconditional love. Affectionate. Caring. Considerate. Maternal.

In a woman? I admire women who take on the best qualities of a "real man": strength, honesty, morality, prudence.


... tonight is my last night in this apartment. I am sitting on my floor, Sampson at my feet, and I have no certainty or stability, no employment or residence. I have nothing and yet I have everything. lucky.

So Goodbye, apartment! May your next tenants have the same luck as I! And keep you a little bit neater : )

Farewell.

15 comments:

Britt said...

I like those qualities very much in men and women. We are essentially the same person I think sometimes. Here's to a new adventure and a new place!

Jen said...

I'm asking the universe to grant you and sampson a safe and wonderful journey today and tomorrow! Hopefully you won't have as many junk food stops as your past road tribs with the Bobsters. We're ready for you! love m

please sir said...

Sounds like a little bit of both worlds. Interesting to admire woman-like qualities in a man and vis-versa. Great topic.

Anonymous said...

good luck on your move!

wackyjackie said...

aw goodbye apartment. Can't wait to see you in Breck. Have an amazing trip, and take lots of pictures. (Blog about it !)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful way to look at men and women. Thank you for making me think about it.

Good luck with your move, Robin.

Katelin said...

strength and passion are definitely two great answers and traits i'd love in both sexes.

Robin said...

Great traits for everyone to have. Good luck on your move, what a great adventure. Oh, to be young and mortgage free....

. . . said...

strength and passion, no doubt. have you left yet? are you traveling through here? we'd love to see you before you shove off on your next beautiful adventure...

barry said...

Oh my God I finally made the list of people who love Robin and trust me that ain't easy since so many people do. I am thrilled! Thank you Little Bird.

The first time I saw Robin was after I had talked at an AA Meeting. She liked my spiritual freedom so as I walked by and we made eye contact she gave me her famous grin. She says so much with her face that she is very intriguing to encounter,and out of all the people I talked to that night she definitely got my attention. She was wearing Levis and clogs so I decided that she was probably a sweet, sort of airhead, college girl. Boy did I get that wrong! Finally, through friends, we started a friendship and I can't get enough of her. You have seen what she does on this blog, new idea after new idea. I used to think she would max-out but it just never stops, what a mind.Then I found out that she is a writer.

I happened to mention to her one day that I was writing a novel but having trouble with the characters and dialogue. I am a published non-fiction writer but fiction is another animal. So she offered to doctor a chapter for me, And WOW I couldn't believe the quality of her work. I was sold so I begged her to join me as my co-author. And when u want something from Robin the best strategy is to take her for a froyo (frozen yogert as a certain place where it really tastes like yogurt). Well after three froyos and alot of begging and pleading she finally consented. I think she was embarrassed to have me down on my knees before all those people in the yogert shop begging . And boy am I stoked! My only regret is she is too old for me. My range is 16-18 year olds and she is much, much older. And there is another problem, she is in love with a guy named Bob (AKA "Pops") who she talks about constantly, the sun rises and sets over this guy. Well I have to keep remebering her age, way to old so let him have her.

Robin is driving to Colorado now-stay safe Little Bird.

Sizzle said...

I like that you like those qualities in opposite genders. ;-) Good luck with your move!

robin ann mcintosh said...

haha, B, you are my biggest fan. I love working on our book together, and I hope all my blog readers will read it!! although it's a bit scandalous.

barry said...

LB saw your comment and know your safe thats all that matters to me!!!! Your right I probably am your biggest fan and just can't help it.

Lydia said...

Robin,
Great post, very provocative (and it sounds like the book you and B are writing will be that too). Not sure where you're headed or why, just praying your journey is safe and the destination joyous.
The photo of Sampson is adorable :)

Sian said...

Colerado is a place I have always wanted to visit. Please post lots of pics!
Good luck with your move, your book and your search for beauty.
x

 
Hit CountersHit Counters