Monday, June 9, 2008

Shh.

a photo from last night

Today, for the first time, I bit my tongue in an argument. 

My sisters and I are notorious for our sharp tongues. I constantly, and consistently, say cruel things I don't mean - but only in relationships. Not with my girl friends, but with the boys? Watch out. 

Today Oms and I were about to have one of our earth shattering, explosive fights... and instead of verbally castrating him, I kicked him out of the car. Then I went to a meeting. Then I picked him up and apologized, and he said: "Why? You didn't say anything mean." I was so surprised I didn't talk for a minute and a half. 

Progress not perfection, right? 

20 comments:

Scott W said...

A minute and a half can be a mighty long time!

Sian said...

Don't you just love friends like that :)

Kim said...

Hehe. No it definitely is not perfect. :-)

Britt said...

I wish I bit my tongue more often. When I do explode, which isn't often, I absolutely say things I don't mean just to hurt the other person. It's a bad trait of mine if I do say so myself.

please sir said...

Haha...looks like you found a possible happy medium!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes all it takes is to walk away, come back, and re-evaluate. Definitely progress!

OmarSal said...

<3 always

BigBird: thanks for your support. No worries, a king need not be recognized to be a king. Pleasure meeting you. When I move over here, I hope to see you more often.

Katelin said...

yeah i'm trying to work on holding my tongue as well, definitely takes work.

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha. Robs you gotta straighten-out! I keep telling you your 23 now and have to switch from "boys" to men. While I can understand your lust for the 14-16 year old testosterone-run-wild if you get caught your going to end up on Leno's Tonight Show.

Natasha said...

I like this guy!

Anonymous said...

Natasha- i am looking for trouble where can we meet. xooxoxox Grrrrr!

robin ann mcintosh said...

haha, you all are crazy, boys will be boys, and women are women. the only man I know is my Pops!

Sizzle said...

That's definitely progress. Go you!

Natasha said...

Bigbird - if you decided to write love notes like Oms then we could surely meet somewhere fun like Nova Scotia or Alaska

Patricia Marie said...

You go girl.

wackyjackie said...

i'm so proud of you robin. i am going to try to follow in your footsteps =)

OmarSal said...

natasha- thank you for being my fan. As per your most flattering request: I'm not for sale, but if Robin leased me out to you, you could have me for pennies--love notes included! :)

Anonymous said...

Natasha- Since you posted right after me i thought u were mine but I guess that hansome young dawg Oms got you. Damn!!! I see you like the cold climates are u in Canada?

Natasha said...

Darn Oms, I only have half a penny in my savings...maybe we can try this lease thing in a year?

Bigbird I am in New Joisey, armpit of the WORLD! I wish I was in Canada with the 4 days of 100 degree weather we have had back to back. And to think I wanted to move to Austin, Texas! LOL

Mrs.French said...

Ok, I really just need to kick Mr. French out of the car...I often spew forth such ugliness...thanks for the reminder.

 
Hit CountersHit Counters