Monday, July 28, 2008

Ayn Rand.


I am currently reading The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand... I want to save my comments for when I finish, but for now here are some quotes related to abundance.

A house can have integrity, just like a person, and just as seldom.

I don't build in order to have clients. I have clients in order to build.

To say "I love you" one must first be able to say the "I."

Worry is a waste of emotional reserve.

I have come here to say that I do not recognize anyone's right to one minute of my life. . . . It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing.

9 comments:

amy turn sharp said...

ayn is cool. I read that and atlas shrugged a long time ago- should revist them...

Britt said...

The thing about worry is so true. I tend to worry my life away. I missed you too!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to read that book again-- thanks for he reminder! And Colorado is the best.... did you know I'm from Boulder? :)

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

I could put the worry quote on my wall! I need it :)

please sir said...

Another great book - I'm going to have to look into this one. Oh yum marshmellows!

OmarSal said...

ahhh, great novel, that is one of my favorites. If I am not mistaken, I believe you are reading the same copy I read, :)

Unknown said...

have so much fun in colorado!
*
i'm in the "must re-read _the fountainhead_" camp. it made me so sad the first time, and i felt so strongly against much of what i remember, but it was a long time ago, so who knows what i was thinking. it's on the list!

Lydia said...

I've not read The Fountainhead. After seeing the little nuggets you've initially pulled from the pages it is now on my list.
Have a great time in CO.

Dolce said...

I'll be in Colorado by Friday. I cannot wait. Hopefully I'll be able to put the crackberry away.

 
Hit CountersHit Counters