i have yet another poem to share with you all, one i hold close to my heart. this recent death has resurrected my feelings of love and adoration for a certain man in my life and despite efforts to keep my heart silent, the love is loud.
and with this? i am spent.
I Have Five Things To Say
The wakened lover speaks directly to the beloved, "You are the sky my spirit circles in, the love inside of love, the resurrection-place.
Let this window be your ear. I have lost consciousness many times with longing for your listening silence, and your life-quickening smile.
You give attention to the smallest matters, my suspicious doubts, and to the greatest.
You know my coins are counterfeit,
but you accept them anyway,
my impudence and my pretending!
I have five things to say,
five fingers to give
into your grace.
First,
when I was apart from you,
this world did not exist,
nor any other.
this world did not exist,
nor any other.
Second,
whatever I was looking for
was always you.
was always you.
Third,
why did I ever learn to count to three?
Fourth,
my cornfield is burning!
Fifth, this finger stands for Rabia,
and this is for someone else.
and this is for someone else.
Is there a difference?
Are these words or tears?
Is weeping speech?
What shall I do, my love?
So he speaks, and everyone around begins to cry with him, laughing crazily, moaning in the spreading union of lover and beloved.
This is the true religion. All others are thrown-away bandages beside it.
This is the sema of slavery and mastery
dancing together. This is not-being.
Neither words, nor any natural fact
can express this.
I know these dancers.
Day and night I sing their songs
in this phenomenal cage.
My soul, don't try to answer now!
Find a friend, and hide.
But what can stay hidden?
Love's secret is always lifting its head
out from under the covers,
"Here I am!"
Rumi
hope you all are taking care of yourselves and your loved ones <3
5 comments:
My heart is with you all. It's been 2 years since my mom died and although it was expected I wasn't ready. The pain of losing one who has nurtured you - the pain of knowing someone you love is hurting inside - the sadness of life's cycle and the joy of having loved. Be gentle with eachother today and always.
I like this poem because it reads like a story. Love is the most important thing.
To me Rumi as a lover really has only three things to say:
First,
when I was apart from you,
this world did not exist,
nor any other.
Second,
whatever I was looking for
was always you.
Third,
why did I ever learn to count to three?
And, to find the one that you are looking for, to me, is the greatest gift in life. For that person will love you and cherish you like no other can. Their face alone will provide the most beautiful thing that you have ever seen. And you will lose consciousness many times from the intensity of your feelings for them.
I feel you my dear. Thanks for sharing.
<3
Post a Comment