Thursday, July 3, 2008

We see things not as they are, but as we are.




What is the recipe for a perfect day?

A hike through the mountains - romping above the tree line with my Pops, Jackie, Sampson and Sophie... waiting for Jack’s adrenalized boyfriend to get in from Conneticut. No makeup, no nice clothing, my Dad's old socks. Reading and writing in the evening. Then a burger joint with the fam, my Mum included, laughing over french fries and sparkling water.

I feel at peace with my family, and I am lucky, because it wasn’t always that way. The recipe for a perfect family? Beyond me. But for a day, for a day, maybe.

11 comments:

amy turn sharp said...

laughing babies and coca cola
and I lurv yr dad's socks! :)

Anonymous said...

That sounds like the perfect day for sure. One of my perfect days would somehow include the sun and a beach and my Cooper.

barry said...

God Robin what a beautiful post. How tender, how sweet, how lovely! Tonight your spirit soars in love. I'm at a loss for further words.

Britt said...

how true - perfect families..who knows. Perfect days, absolutely! Glad you had one :)

robin ann mcintosh said...

aw, you guys have lovely recipes, i might have to try some : )

my dads socks + curly sue hair = pure hotttttness, no?

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

What beautiful scenery.....you're WAAAAAY higher than I am! haha

Lydia said...

A hike would be my recipe for a perfect day anytime! The shot with the lake reminds me a lot of one of my favorite places that took some real hoofin' to get to.
You and your family look wonderful and happy!

Rosemary/sonrie said...

i love the title quote....I suppose the recipe for perfect family = patience + understanding + love + freedom. Glad you're having a good time; the pictures are beautiful!

neutron said...

Give a little to get a little.

Anonymous said...

spending the day outdoors,jumping into the ocean :-)

those mountains are majestic! i'm glad you had that perfect day with your family. it's one of the best feelings in the world.

wackyjackie said...

i love this post Robin! It is so simple, but also very beautiful. The pictures are also stunning!

 
Hit CountersHit Counters