Monday, September 8, 2008

times are a'changing...

Clouds Gathering

It seemed the kind of life we wanted.
Wild strawberries and cream in the morning.
Sunlight in every room.
The two of us walking by the sea naked.

Some evenings, however, we found ourselves
Unsure of what comes next.
Like tragic actors in a theater on fire,
With birds circling over our heads,
The dark pines strangely still,
Each rock we stepped on bloodied by the sunset.

We were back on our terrace sipping wine.
Why always this hint of an unhappy ending?
Clouds of almost human appearance
Gathering on the horizon, but the rest lovely
With the air so mild and the sea untroubled.

The night suddenly upon us, a starless night.
You lighting a candle, carrying it naked
Into our bedroom and blowing it out quickly.
The dark pines and grasses strangely still.

Charles Simic

intuition, intellect, confused. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use intellect pretty much everyday so I like to think that it is ingrained in my intuition. I almost always go with intuition because most things involving people can't be reasoned out.

Britt said...

I gotta say, I use my gut. I have a sense about people and I'm rarely wrong. So I know, if something doesn't feel right (or if it does!) I listen! Not to say I don't use intellect in every day life, but somethings, you have to just trust yourself without thinking. :)

 
Hit CountersHit Counters