Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2008 round-up::::::

The comments on my last post are amazing. All of you women (and a few men) mean so much to me... I feel privileged to be able to share my life in this creative, unexpected way. And to be involved in all of your sharing, each of your journeys? Is an honor.

As a salute to the new year I am taking an idea from one of my favorite bloggers, Sara from Sarkastic – you post the first sentence from the first post of every month in 2008. I added the image (if there was one) as well.

::::::::::::::::::

February 2008:
my first blog entry! So very California, so very cliché.

March 2008: (the last supper)

I don't love you as if you were the salt-rose, topaz
or arrow of carnations that propagate fire:
I love you as certain dark things are loved,
secretly, between the shadow and the soul.

April 2008: i'm thinking of a project for april. any medium, just a project. any ideas?


May 2008:
A dog is one of the remaining reasons why some people can be persuaded to go for a walk.

June 2008: June will be my month to try new things...
today's event: I have never before broken my tooth, my phone, and my heart (all by myself) in the span of 24 hours.

July 2008: my last summer as an unemployed, college student bum.

August 2008: [somewhere i have never traveled]

September 2008: I'm alive! but I am with out internet. I will be back to regular posting soon :) hope you all had lovely holidays.



October 2008: Different writing utensils & machines.

November 2008: Good design is not a matter of wealth, much less of the chic, the latest thing.



December 2008:

Pale gold of the walls, gold
of the centers of daisies, yellow roses
pressing from a clear bowl.


5 comments:

Lydia said...

So cool, really! A great idea you borrowed and a great idea I (may) borrow also.
I started my blog in February 2008, also. What was fun with this post was to "relive" your posts from last year.

Britt said...

I like this post. :) I think I may need to steal. What a nice recap!

robin ann mcintosh said...

I know! steal away, I want to see both of your lists, too.

Katelin said...

what a fun post and look back at the year. seriously your pictures are always so fun too.

Rosemary/sonrie said...

wonderful roundup!

 
Hit CountersHit Counters