
ice skating in holland, from KAPturer's photostream.
they are skating in the netherlands!
I just heard a whistling skater on NPR. Dutch people are too funny...
when I spent time in Amsterdam I saw my old au pairs EVERYwhere
and realized they must all have been Dutch!
they are skating in the netherlands!
I just heard a whistling skater on NPR. Dutch people are too funny...
when I spent time in Amsterdam I saw my old au pairs EVERYwhere
and realized they must all have been Dutch!
a conversation between Dad (mine) and his ten pound dog (Sophie) as recorded by my mum.
Dad: So Soph, do you want to take a hike over for a skate on Jim's rink?
Sophie: (complete silence)
Dad: Or do you want to go cross country with mum and me?
Sophie: (complete silence)
Dad: I'm going to fire up the 'que for lunch! Do you think I should have ribs or Canadian Bacon?
Sophie: (complete silence)
Dad: And how about those Leafs eh?
Sophie: (complete silence then some chewing sounds as Soph wanders off and finds Dad's slippers...)
7 comments:
*)))) this sounds like every single day for me... just replace "sophie" with "shyla"!!
love to you, dear-heart!
so pretty.
That's a pretty neat looking skating rink :)
A darling post. I love hearing about your travels. You had au pairs in Canada? I honestly never knew anyone who had even one! :)
seeing this photo makes me think of the book, "confessions of an ugly stepsister"...
what an amazing photo! and such a funny conversation between your dad and his dog....!
When I went to Holland (a million years ago) we saw schoolchildren ice skating to school, with their backpacks full of books and their shoes tied on the back. It was fantastic!
Post a Comment