Tuesday, February 17, 2009

post valentine's poem.


san francisco.

True Love
by Barry Gifford.

Your sickness made me

a little sick, it’s

true—I still

feel it

Mayakovsky got down

on his knees

and declared

his love

to his last

mistress

a few hours after

he’d met her

Remember me

at the hotel

in Paris,

on my knees

in the lift?

We’re all the same

men of too much passion

and a little talent—

some a little more

than others

We fool ourselves

into thinking

we’re strong

then complain

the rest of our lives

crippled by

the consequences

4 comments:

Lydia said...

Oooh, nice shot in San Francisco! What a great eye you have, Little Bird.
While you were on your hiatus I posted a poem I wrote that is somewhat along the topic you posted here and you might like it.

Anonymous said...

A very good choice for the official "post season" of love!

Unknown said...

LOVe this. good luck with the grad. school apps!!
xo

Rosemary/sonrie said...

I hope your day was full of love, too.

 
Hit CountersHit Counters