Sitting in the ft. Lauderdale airport again –
A elderly lady with foot-high white hair and bold red lipstick sits across from me, nonchalantly tapping her foot and glaring at the young people who sit around her. Her varicose veins peek over her starchy white socks, and her jaw hangs a little slack on the left side. This is the other side of Florida: in with the freakies and out with the oldies!
Waiting for my plane back to LA…
This trip? Amazing in so many different ways.
I finally finished an important chapter in my life. Garnering enough strength to make HUGE life decisions is difficult for anyone, especially a broken thinker like me☺
Honestly, I could say this “decision” took me my entire life – 23 long years - to complete. My friends tell me to use my experience to create strength and hope, and that is what I am trying to do…. But the difference between this breakup and my other breakups is that I am not alone. I have my family and my friends to stand with me. My voicemail box is full, I have three unread text messages. 18 emails to check, and a Sampson in a bag sleeping beside me. My Dad in Florida and my Mom in Colorado, my sisters flying back and forth across the country. Lynnie and Hallie picking me up from the airport, Omar is preparing to tell me his “last two things”, my sponsor just called to wish me love… and the list goes on.
In other words, I feel this thriving support system beneath me – like a trapeze artist with her net – I feel empowered and bold, strong and independent.
((and that self aware voice inside asks::: who is this person? What is this strength? Really?? REALLY??))
I know. I can hardly believe it myself.
Pictures when I get back!!
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment