Tuesday, July 29, 2008

more from The Passion.



Is it because she will return that I take pleasure in being alone?

Hopeless heart that thrives on paradox; that longs for the beloved and is secretly relieved when the beloved is not there. That gnaws away at the night-time hours desperate for a sign and appears at breakfast so self-composed. That longs for certainty, fidelity, compassion, and plays roulette with anything precious.

Gambling is not a vice, it is an expression of our humanness (73).

Also, what do you all think of my new design?

16 comments:

OmarSal said...

sneaky, sneaky.... I like that quote as well. "Somewhere between God and the Devil passion is and the way there is sudden and the way back is worse." "in between fear and sex passion is."

Britt said...

I'm likin the new design. Makes me feel beachy. :)

Anonymous said...

would i love to be on that beach right now? yes, i would.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

That's funny, I just changed my banner on Monday too! Lookin' good :)

Jessie Cacciola said...

this quote is so beautiful, both in it's language and truth. ps. i looove the new design! (although i love the old one as well) ;) xo

avesta said...

your writing is beautiful...I found your site from my dear friend Amy (doobleh-vay)...we've been friends since she fell in love with my "ethnic hair" as she called it in junior high.

please sir said...

Really sounds like a great read. Love the new header!

Katelin said...

love the picture, love the new design. basically all around awesome :)

Unknown said...

i HAVE to get my hands on a copy of this book!
and...
i LOVE the new design. gorgeous!

Dolce said...

I really like the new design! you're so creative.

Anonymous said...

iiiiiii like! psyched for your visit

robin ann mcintosh said...

thank you, all of you!! you guys are the best readers : )

and Avesta, I am off to check out your blog!

Mrs.French said...

these words give me tingles...your new design is divine!

Lydia said...

Wonderful quote and photo. Also, I'm happy to see your profile picture, that lovely pose, return. I love the colors in your new design, although for the life of me I can't make out what the peachy-colored item is; sorry!

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

Love the new look!

Milena said...

I love your new design, simple, but it draws you in.

 
Hit CountersHit Counters